Should Trudeau Just Leave the Emergency’s Act on?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20220214_193221_768.jpg
    IMG_20220214_193221_768.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 180

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know it's fawked up when even quebec doesn't agree with the idiot.
Maybe they should take it to la Belle Province ....would be fun to see if Legault changed his mind ....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife had CBC radio on this AM. Surprisingly they too were asking why Trudeau had invoked the act. Said it's intent was for the security of the bridge (obviously Biden told him to get it done), but since all the trucks were gone form the bridge it made no sense. Also stated that the act "cannot be imposed for economic reasons", of which Trudeaus is using as an excuse. Their expert on the act was bewildered by the move saying it wasn't being imposed under the conditions for which it is intended. Numerous lawyers already coming out stating that it's unconstitutional under these circumstances. Some other interesting tidbits...it's does not supersede provincial authorities, somehow both are supposed to align (seems like a big grey area). Police are still supposed to act independently, Trudeau does not have power over them. What it does allow is for Trudeau to call the protestors terrorists. Allows banks to freeze assets. Allows Trudeau to demand tow trucks start pulling the trucks. I think that's the key....Trudeau couldn't get tow companies to cooperate so he is forcing their hand. Ottawa has stated that if they can get the trucks out of the city, it's easy to keep them out.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Several premiers have voiced their concerns about it's use for peaceful protests, and as mentioned above, even the premier of Quebec! Lawyers are all over it. I think Trudeau knows it's wrong, but will give him a couple days to do what he wants before it gets shut down. As another posted, one more stupid thing he is doing and hopefully people will see that. He's getting desperate. When CBC is questioning his motives, and the legality of it, you know he's losing.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t force tow trucks to tow them. Even if it gives them power to take tow trucks you need someone capable of running them and towing companies can just say they are out of service.

If even CBC is tearing him apart on this hopefully it’s the nail in the coffin for him and he’s finally gone soon. Although I doubt freeland as leader will be any better.

I read they will/can freeze any bank accounts who donated to truckers I wonder if banks will actually follow through? I know if mine was frozen over something like that I’d be pulling everything from that bank and calling a lawyer.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember, this isnt all Trudeau. He is up front and centre but for everything to have happened like it did for the past 8+ yrs, it took alot of others to help or atleast look the other way. They are all guilty and should be held accountable if they did not fight for the people.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the banks only have to "suspect" you are supporting a cause the government does not agree with and your accounts are frozen, insurance revoked. Banks protected from liability. "To be made permanent"...anyone else seeing the serious threat to democracy from this move. Wonder if it applies to lobbyists and election financing....lol.

So...can't go after pharma companies for liability, can't go after financial institutions for liability, what's next.....

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with the war measures act, i guess this means canada is at war.... against its own people. Trudeau is trying to plant 2000 firearms in the convoy. Hopefully that fails and the CBC does a story on it.

Top Bottom