Shell's super synth oil

Dzl

Reaction score
Shell's Advance Ultra Snow oil

FYI, on sale at Can Tire for $27.29/gal & all warranty approved. BRP's synth = $55/gal

slabm7

Reaction score
I went and bought a couple jugs as well, I've been running this stuff since day one in my sled and no problems at all.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Shell's Advance Ultra Snow oil

FYI, on sale at Can Tire for $27.29/gal & all warranty approved. BRP's synth = $55/gal

Wow thats expensive for the shell oil. I just got 2 cases for free and i found out i can buy it for 15.00 a jug(4L). Ill have to double check but the G/F's mom works at a wharhouse a desk person and she can get it for bulk price. Ill find out the details. She can get any oil for cheap compared to buying else were.

slabm7

Reaction score

Wow thats expensive for the shell oil. I just got 2 cases for free and i found out i can buy it for 15.00 a jug(4L). Ill have to double check but the G/F's mom works at a wharhouse a desk person and she can get it for bulk price. Ill find out the details. She can get any oil for cheap compared to buying else were.

Thats the regular snowmobile oil, its usually $15-20/jug, this stuff is the synthetic. It usually runs $40/jug.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats the regular snowmobile oil, its usually $15-20/jug, this stuff is the synthetic. It usually runs $40/jug.

Nope this is the synthetic stuff. I know the difference. I have seen the 2 different ones on the shelf. Trust me. Post a pic of the bottle that you think it is and ill double check. But the stuff i got says shell full synthetic 2 stroke oil. Approved by skidoo,polaris, arctic cat, etc.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that Shell Ultra Synth goes on sale every year at CT, about a month ago it was on for 24.99 a jug.

slabm7

Reaction score

Nope this is the synthetic stuff. I know the difference. I have seen the 2 different ones on the shelf. Trust me. Post a pic of the bottle that you think it is and ill double check. But the stuff i got says shell full synthetic 2 stroke oil. Approved by skidoo,polaris, arctic cat, etc.

So how do you get that stuff so cheap?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It falls off the back of a truck.
J/K

My old ladies mom works a shipper/revceiver clerk at a warehouse that distributes oils and such to companies like canadian tire, gas stations, walwart, etc. So she can buy it a basically cost. As much as she wants. Heck i could buy it by the pallet loat if i wanted to. But i dont use that much oil in a year. But i can tell you this much Id rather pay 15/4L instead of 25. But thats just me. I usually use the skidoo stuff, but like it was posted at the top, 55 vs 25. And its the same quality. Im just gonna start using it cause i can get it for less than half the price of the bombi oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Alright then.....I think you better start offering that deal to your fellow riders here. At $15 for 4L of the Snow Ultra Synthetic, sign me up!!! Been using it for years....best oil out there in my opinion.

J/K

My old ladies mom works a shipper/revceiver clerk at a warehouse that distributes oils and such to companies like canadian tire, gas stations, walwart, etc. So she can buy it a basically cost. As much as she wants. Heck i could buy it by the pallet loat if i wanted to. But i dont use that much oil in a year. But i can tell you this much Id rather pay 15/4L instead of 25. But thats just me. I usually use the skidoo stuff, but like it was posted at the top, 55 vs 25. And its the same quality. Im just gonna start using it cause i can get it for less than half the price of the bombi oil.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well im putting in a order for 4 cases tommorow so i will have some around. I can pass the deal on to my fellow members. I got no problem with that. Ill find out the price for sure tommorow and if your interested in some, PM me a amount you want and some contact information.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes the BRP oils? BRP certainly doesn't. An MSDS sheet would tell us but what dealer is going to show you that given the price difference. Have been using the BRP synth but given the price difference bought a gallon of Shell Synth yesterday.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Anyone know who makes the BRP oils? BRP certainly doesn't. An MSDS sheet would tell us but what dealer is going to show you that given the price difference. Have been using the BRP synth but given the price difference bought a gallon of Shell Synth yesterday.

I got this info on a marine forum not sure this could be correct though

One oil company does not make BRP oils. Each of BRP's lubes use a proprietary formula that they developed with the help of companies that specialize in lubrication then the blending companies mix the oil formula on site and bottle it in cans, quarts, jugs, and barrels.
A blending company is who mixes the oil components and fills the containers for BRP, and for other companies also. A blending company is equipped for high speed filling of the plastic bottles, label application, and packaging. They receive the required base oils by tanker car, they store the special additive packages, and the dyes, solvents, and other ingredients that are used. They are basically an assembly line, not an oil company or a lab. The correct formula of chemicals and oils are mixed in large tanks, then put in bottles and barrels and shipped to BRP warehouses.

Zipp

Reaction score
Hopefully, Shell's lubricants are not as untrustworthy as their gas. I always run Amsoil. BTW, Ron, What is a jug of Amsoil synthetic injection oil going for this year?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all im lookin for is not to spend so much on oil. At 55/gal is getting kind pricy since they turned the oil pumps up on 07's. Its like and extra 100 a weekend just for oil. The way im lookin at it is i can get it for about 1/2 the price of bombi oil so im gonna give it a try.

Just you all know i got a final price from the G/F's ma. It comes to about 85 a case OTD. So its a little more than i thought. But its still cheaper than buying it when its at regular price. The reason its a little bit more is because i forgot tax and enviro levy. It works out to be a little cheaper. So if any one is interested in any, just let me know cause i will pass on the savings to you.

Top Bottom