Oil Purchase

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get to Martin's oil sale.

I thought i scored with a couple of boxes that day. buy 3 jugs get one free. Upon further examination of the jugs looks like they are all filled about 75-80% so i guess the deal was buy 3 jugs get 1/4 free.

If i would had known that i would had just bought oil in the brp jugs and be sure of what I was getting.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought i scored with a couple of boxes that day. buy 3 jugs get one free. Upon further examination of the jugs looks like they are all filled about 75-80% so i guess the deal was buy 3 jugs get 1/4 free.

If i would had known that i would had just bought oil in the brp jugs and be sure of what I was getting.

Was like that at a local dealer I bought bulk oil for my boat. Old parts guy would fill those bottles to the top and give me a good deal. He quit and the new parts guy would fill them not near as high and jacked the price up. I don’t buy that oil anymore.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Those jugs came like that from BRP. Martins oil sale was not bulk this year. All of those 3 jug boxes came sealed from BRP. If you got one off the shelf it’s the same deal. I don’t recall them ever being chalk full in the past either. Measure it out and let us know. Just because it’s not full doesn’t mean it’s not 3.78 litre. Can’t really see BRP trying to pull a fast one on 0.20 litres of oil but who knows these are unprecedented times. Look at a snickers bar next time your in line at the grocery store LOL

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could have also given them 200 to snowcheck on a snowcheck.

It’s humorous that you think that’s a bad idea. This problem isn’t getting better next year either. The 200$ goes towards your deposit in March so what’s the difference if you were planning on snow checking?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s humorous that you think that’s a bad idea. This problem isn’t getting better next year either. The 200$ goes towards your deposit in March so what’s the difference if you were planning on snow checking?
i bet you send in your income tax early too. it goes towards it anyway so might as well pay a year early.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it might be closer than it looks. its deceiving because the more normal bottle is bigger and heavier plastic so you cant tell on weight. looking at the gauge of volume on the side it might actually be a gallon like its suppose to be. Strange that so much plastic is added though seems like a strange way to waste money on jug making but maybe its like potato chip bag!

well now I feel bad. I thought martin always filled the jugs themselves and thats how they passed on a discount.

I should have an empty windshield washer fluid jug soon. I have a new never used heavy plastic jug from brp. I can do a test in a few days likely.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it might be closer than it looks. its deceiving because the more normal bottle is bigger and heavier plastic so you cant tell on weight. looking at the gauge of volume on the side it might actually be a gallon like its suppose to be. Strange that so much plastic is added though seems like a strange way to waste money on jug making but maybe its like potato chip bag!

well now I feel bad. I thought martin always filled the jugs themselves and thats how they passed on a discount.

I should have an empty windshield washer fluid jug soon. I have a new never used heavy plastic jug from brp. I can do a test in a few days likely.

in years past they have filled them but they were clear jugs so you could tell pretty easily.

Rn4

Reaction score
Got 3 full jugs left from this years sale. All filled to the same level. Putting a full washer fluid jug beside I’d say it’s got to be close but would have to measure to be certain. Pretty sure these are filled from bulk oil in house are they not? Not sealed caps or anything, wouldn’t think they’d ship unsealed containers from Quebec. Pretty sure the box I received was a unlabelled cardboard box with truck tape holding the flaps down. Would think that is also just the dealer ship closing up a box not brp.

Attachments

• C66E377A-12C8-49A5-8EB9-D843077204B3.jpeg
    C66E377A-12C8-49A5-8EB9-D843077204B3.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 72

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 3 full jugs left from this years sale. All filled to the same level. Putting a full washer fluid jug beside I’d say it’s got to be close but would have to measure to be certain. Pretty sure these are filled from bulk oil in house are they not? Not sealed caps or anything, wouldn’t think they’d ship unsealed containers from Quebec. Pretty sure the box I received was a unlabelled cardboard box with truck tape holding the flaps down. Would think that is also just the dealer ship closing up a box not brp.

sorry are those clear jugs are what you got this year? Im speaking about the Black Factory jugs ( thats what i got at the oil sale) so i will have to check again. Those i was told were straight from BRP. Those clear jugs are definitely filled in house.

Rn4

Reaction score
Yes got 4 clear ones this year. I’ve bought single black jugs before and they are certainly sealed from the factory

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird... I got a tight white XRS box with big perky full black jugs and I loved it

Top Bottom