share cost to the us for a purchase

trailblazer

Reaction score
i know many don't agree,but likely heading to the Salt lake Area or Whitefish to purchase a sled.Anyone interested or planning on heading down in the next week or 10 days?sharing the cost would significantly reduce the price on a sled.Sorry to all dealers and any private sellers,but 5500 for an 08/09 summit,some x's and some with mods with under 1500 miles is to good of a deal.I;m working on a few deals for 6000 or so but trying to get a better price and have recieved some positive feedback.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your plan may sound OK but,by the time you include: gas,food,hotels,wear and tear on your mode of transport ,time it takes(in most cases time =$$$ ) and the major problem is when you come to the border ! You will need a bunch of paper work to bring that seld over.I would look for a sled closer to home. Dont mean to pee on your plans just check it all out before you go. Good Luck

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
psh...... bring back 4 sleds if you have the cash....... there may be no snow in sask but there is in the mountains. if you buy a american rental companies 2010 sleds you can get them for $6000 or so.......bring them here and sell for $8000 or so and you get your self a cheap sled

notdeadyet

Reaction score
ya cause every ones got 24k plus what happens when u have a problem and no dealer to help u out... hmmmm seemed like a good idea.... good luck

hope it all works out for u

trailblazer

Reaction score
al ley cat,really a drive to salt lake in a day is no big deal,14 hrs.Going with a buddie or two cuts the cost down even more,$100 for hotels or sleep in my truck if i go alone and shower at a truck stop for free when i fuel.If your smart and know how to use a fax machine and a phone,crossing the border is no big deal.Know what has to be done,and do it properly.So that part is easy.get the sled,for instance,08 summit x 154,graphics pkg(whatever),completly stock and dealer has gone through and done all work and annual fluid drain and complete service,with records,1004 miles.5900usd,so say 6000,and add $70 each 1000 because thats what the banks giving.then i buy it ,sled down there for a few day's,and it's been snowing pretty good for the last week.So really,sure it cost's some time for the drive,but if your with a buddie it's no biggie,other than that you can't argue the price reallity.:cool:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you find a deal anywhere near Colorado Springs....I gotta go down there in the next few weeks to bring home my new toy....

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya cause every ones got 24k plus what happens when u have a problem and no dealer to help u out... hmmmm seemed like a good idea.... good luck

hope it all works out for u

my 700s from the states, no warrenty and not needed it yet anyways.

checked kijiji last year there was 5 sleds for sale for $2000 less than everyone else and they were all on the same trailer you could see the other sleds in the pic they took a flat deck down purchased and sold and made enough probably to pay alot out of 2 sleds of thier own

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6000 dollars plus exchange plus gst at boarder plus 200 fee at border plus 5or 600 for gas food and hotels. by the time your home with that sled you will be close to 8000 dollars. That's what your pay for a used sled like that here in alberta.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Markoo your way off, 2000 grand no way....it won't even be a grand diff. the dollar is almost par....These guys are full of it, if they could they would so good luck and have a nice trip.....

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I say do it. We did it a couple years ago and bought two Harley's and
a Brute force and saved around $20 000. All the paperwork was at the border before we even arrived at the dealer.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big savings come on the accessories and stuff. I loaded up my truck with stuff before coming home and saved thousands. No one here could touch the US pricing on canopies, floor liners, intakes, GPS and so on, and so on. Even bought a bunch of dealer parts like cabin air filters. That too was weay cheaper there. Get all your sled accessories, put them on and say thank you very much at the border.

HARDCORE

Reaction score
its well worth it, plus its a reason to get away as well....have a safe trip trailblazer!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big savings come on the accessories and stuff. I loaded up my truck with stuff before coming home and saved thousands. No one here could touch the US pricing on canopies, floor liners, intakes, GPS and so on, and so on. Even bought a bunch of dealer parts like cabin air filters. That too was weay cheaper there. Get all your sled accessories, put them on and say thank you very much at the border.

no kidding a friend drove his dodge diesel down for a road trip with some friends to the states and got a lift wheels tires and meth injection and i think a stereo installed and he saved a ton.

cars too my wife got a 05 full load rx8 for $16,000 she could sell for $22,000 after 2 driving for two years now. shes thinking about doing so and finding a suv down there and my lease runs out this fall so i might drive back a nice couple year old diesel as well if the doller is near or over par

Top Bottom