Sea Foam

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at trying this sea foam product that you just dump in your fuel tank. I have a truck with 265000 on and what thinking of trying yet. Anyone have any experience with this product?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always thought of it as a fuel stabilizer and I use it in all my 2 cycle and seasonal engines. After you asked the question, looks like it does more than that. I would give it a whirl but wouldn't expect a huge difference.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is your truck doing or not doing that makes you think you need it?

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of hearing yanks talk about sea foam on forums , I finally found some and love it, all my old stuff runs better now, you can add to engine oil aswel. 10/10 from me

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never used it on my truck. I run it everyday so nothing really gets gummed up. But I put it in all my small engines, weed eater, chain saw, ice auger, leaf blower and they all run like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to get in an argument here but it works.. Lots of home brew recipes in the web for this but it is 3 blended ingredients.. Poor man version is 2 parts diesel 1 part gas and a splash of alcohol..

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Runs a little rough when you first start it. I just bought this truck not sure what kind of life it had.

What is your truck doing or not doing that makes you think you need it?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not usually a fan of these products but started using seafoam in some heavy equipment and what a difference. Still wasn't convinced so I added some in my boat and it cleaned it right up. Definitely a believer now. Be careful though because too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looking at trying this sea foam product that you just dump in your fuel tank. I have a truck with 265000 on and what thinking of trying yet. Anyone have any experience with this product?
Good way to treat your motor is to start it, get it up to operating temperature, turn off the motor, go into engine compartment and remove the brake booster vacuum hose. Start up the motor and slowly pour seafoam into it let it start smoking white out the exhaust, go turn the motor off. Hook up the vacuum line to the booster. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then go for an aggressive drive. It'll blow it out the exhaust. I do it to all the motors on the farm.

For a diesel get it hot, change the fuel filter, fill it up with seafoam, start the motor for 10-20 seconds then turn it off, the seafoam will be in the injectors. Let it sit. Then start it back up. Only do this on old diesels, they have loose tolerances on the injectors. New diesels are down to less then 15 micron filtration needed. If you break carbon loose it'll plug it up.

New diesels you could probably run it through the tank, but I personally use Diesel Kleen additive, along with Lucas Fuel treatment. We do that in our farm tanks mix it in when they fill the tanks up to mix it up. My dad thought it was snake oil, but was surprised when he takes the equipment out and has 1/4 tank left when he is usually empty. Definitely saves more money then the cost of the additives.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's like Frank's hot sauce. I put that chit in everything.

seafoamz_zps7us670ib.png

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a diesel get it hot, change the fuel filter, fill it up with seafoam, start the motor for 10-20 seconds then turn it off, the seafoam will be in the injectors. Let it sit. Then start it back up. Only do this on old diesels, they have loose tolerances on the injectors. New diesels are down to less then 15 micron filtration needed. If you break carbon loose it'll plug it up.
I think if there is carbon to be knocked loose in your fuel system, you're way past seafoam making a difference.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started adding sea foam to my toyhauler fuel tank years ago.

Now use it in everything.

Jeff suggested it camping.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started adding sea foam to my toyhauler fuel tank years ago.

Now use it in everything.

Jeff suggested it camping.
I also use it in everything, and have not had a bad tank of gas since

Even sitting stuff, gas goes bad in 4 months now

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think if there is carbon to be knocked loose in your fuel system, you're way past seafoam making a difference.
Like cholesterol plaque in your blood stream, your veins have enough flow to keep it going but If you have a little build up that's where you get into trouble. A heavy fast cleaning like I described wouldn't be a smart choice on a new diesel. 15 microns is extremely small. That's why I use the diesel kleen in every tank to keep everything clean, and I have 3 fuel filters 26-18 and down to 1 micron CAT fuel filter. 415,000 on the original injectors not because I'm lucky.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like cholesterol plaque in your blood stream, your veins have enough flow to keep it going but If you have a little build up that's where you get into trouble. A heavy fast cleaning like I described wouldn't be a smart choice on a new diesel. 15 microns is extremely small. That's why I use the diesel kleen in every tank to keep everything clean, and I have 3 fuel filters 26-18 and down to 1 micron CAT fuel filter. 415,000 on the original injectors not because I'm lucky.
the additives must be really working on keeping the carbon in your fuel system from plugging your injectors.

Top Bottom