Scratchers on Skis?

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to get some scratchers for the new sled. I have seen some ski mount types for the simmons. Just wondering if anyone has used these or other aftermarket products. I like the usability aspect of not having to worry about deploying or storing the scratchers as you go for different conditions or for going in reverse.

JDen

Reaction score
I ordered a set of the Ski-Z scratchers from this place, tried them out in Revelstoke Feb 1st weekend and they worked really good. Kind of bigger than the pictures show, and a small bit of a pain to put on and take off, but man they tossed some snow!

check out between the lines designs
Products | Between the Lines Designs

think ferniesnow tried a set

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set from ice age. Work good
6y6yvezy.jpg

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those ones I have are a ski mout version. If they don't have them on the website maybe give them a shout to see if they still make them

snowbuster

Reaction score
I used the ski mount snow "deflectors" that Royal distributing was selling for the simmons skis for about $25. Had a good side by side comparison, two m series machines,both with simmons skis,one with deflectors, one without,neither machine had scratchers on the skid. On an April ride going up the frozen trail in the am (slush hardened up from the warm previous day) the plain ski machine overheated and surprisingly started peeling long stringlike pieces of plastic off the hifax, hot to the touch. The deflector equipped machine had no wear on the hifaxes and ran warmer than usual but not overheated. Riding beside the sled you can see the spray coming off them. I ran them for 2 seasons then switched skis. I have found the ski mount units more effective as the skid mount cable style don't stay facing down, and the spring style seem to get snagged on things if you are not careful. Good luck!

Top Bottom