Salmon Arm

Reaction score
Salmon Arm is the best quading place and youd agree if youve been there.Mt.Ida is HUGE.And there is alot of pudd;es for mudders.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`m heading to Salmon Arm this Saturday with my quad to vist a buddy that just moved there from Fort St. John. Can you give me some directions to find the area your talking about or any other great quadding areas you know about out there?

Reaction score
Well if your coming in from kamloops on the #1 highway you'll see a fueneral home,its the second road on the right called Salmon River Rd.After that follow the road until the next one on the right.This should be christinsian road.Go up the road and where there is a fork take the left road and follow up(there will be another slightly ahead,take the left again cuz its kinda obvious).If you keep following you should cross a cattleguard.after this your on unservised logging roads.About a kilometere up after that ther will be a snomobiler club sign on your left.Go int that driveway and there will be a unloading ramp for you to unload your quads with.:) Another one is instead of going up christinsain road you keep going to the end. After this you turn left up the road and right after the cemetery on you right there will be a gravel road.(one has a keep out sign so,dont go up it). You can unload your quads right there and go up the mountain.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried a few of the trails up on Mount Ida. not much mud up there this time of year but still some great sites to see. The only time I got stuck was trying to drive through an old burnt out car and got hung up on the windshild frame of it. The view from the radio tower is pretty cool as well, nice view of Ida from over there....

Reaction score
LOL the car is pretty bad its the one in the big pullout right? there should be some shotgun and .22 shels around there cus me and my friends were up ther shootin at it lol.I hope you had fun up there. :)

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it was pretty good. Really dusty this time of year.... I`ll post pics. when I get back to Saskatoon in a few days.

dustbuster

Reaction score
Any campgrounds you guys recommend in Salmon Arm? I used to camp at a place right by Sicamous called the Beachcomber, but its gone now. The Hummingbird was a really nice campground too, but it's also gone...

cobbycat

Reaction score
I live in Salmon Arm, and there are huge amounts of riding here!! pick any mountain!! if anyone is coming to town, drop me a line and I will take you out for a rip. as far as campgrounds, they are all pretty good, so I hear. we have many Provincial ones up most of the mountains too. I do have a large driveway as well!:)

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kamloops has a mx track,Whispering pines.......Kamloops has unlimited trails,every direction.Years of riding........

Reaction score
Glen echo, pierres point and sandy point are all 2 minutes north of salmon arm on the trans can hwy towards kamloops if that helps

Top Bottom