salmo/creston

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you missed the Community Open Houses in Creston, Salmo and Nelson as I did. Click the link at the bottom this is the management plan moving forward 2010-2015

I do not think a lot of people are aware of the boundaries as mentioned some of the posted signs were not in the right areas before.

Maybe some of the changes are due to the caribou habitat and their migration patterns as the areas that are restricted now seem to be new this year and the one area that was fully restricted looks to be open :rolleyes: Just good to know now before a helicopter is touching down next to you on the trail. Guess it is a sensitive area and requires respect from all especially after the Governments involvement in the logging the living heck out of it then the NCC deeming this a caribou, Grizzly plant habitat etc. Ya I seen some plants the Gov will be intreated in...:nono:. I was hiking in the area around Porcupine creek this spring the Grizzly were tracking the Caribou and picking off the weaker calves and it was more than just a few, so save one to feed another. Well as long as we can all get along, It is a great area to explore be it hiking, skiing, fishing, snowmobiling hate to lose it completely. So will the permit system monitor the human impact in this area ...... anyway.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposed to join one of the clubs that has an agreement with the NCC. Not sure how all the clubs feel about out of towners joining just to get access to Darkwoods but couple years ago I got the impression that one of them wasn't too keen on it. :rolleyes:

Definitely interested to hear from a club rep if it's ok to join even if a person wasn't a local. Anyone?

Kevin

Yup, I'm a part of the Creston club, and we are more than ok with out of towners joining our club and enjoying the area. It's soooo much better than the ones who come in, break the rules, and ruin it for all of us. The Nature concervancy loves our feedback as far as when we've used the area and what we've seen.
Please support our local club, you are more than welcome, and we do fun stuff............. :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a wicked ride today up and over char into the playground before American Lake.... I rode like a gopher butt, total falling off the edge of the world/tree magnet, but thankfully my peeps are very very very kind patient and .... muscular!! lol I love them...

sledding038.jpg

sledding036.jpg

sledding044.jpg

Drink and I
sledding049.jpg

sledding052.jpg

sledding053.jpg

sledding054.jpg

sledding051.jpg

Last edited:

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. Looks like you had a great time in the POW. hope to hit some this weekend.:):):)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's on now Baby!!!! woohoo...
Yesterday
sledding079.jpg

sledding078.jpg

sledding076.jpg

Drink has a vid of me smucking a very big Tree... I'll get him to post it.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/drinkle/SLEDDING%2011/?action=view&current=TRISHTREE.mp4[/media]

sledding075.jpg

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding Salmo area, Barrett yesterday great day for a ride bluebird skies cool and dry temp out stayed in the trees and on the lake nothing has slid in here at all so definite Caution! A few Avy run outs to cross on the way in watch for backcountry skiers on the trail heading up to the Huck/ Cabin we stayed off the hill just due to lack of snow, wind loading on the lee side of the bowl in the upper areas. Spoke to a few heli skiers who dug pits up top 6,500-7000ft and said there seeing that November rain crust buried the shear tests are failing on it with a few stucks we had you can see it about a meter + down lots of other great areas to ride but the snow is a little shy for this time of year.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shy snow! geesh... :( we are heading out for a week tomorrow. Likely won't get into Barrett if thats the case.

We'll try the Castlegar side of things and maybe poke up to Snowater.

Dave have you been up the Bombi at all?

thanks dan

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shy snow! geesh... :( we are heading out for a week tomorrow. Likely won't get into Barrett if thats the case.

We'll try the Castlegar side of things and maybe poke up to Snowater.

Dave have you been up the Bombi at all?

thanks dan

drive it today, not looking really good. probably 18" up top is all. Sal/crest has 4' maybe at the top.....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to make a trip back home and do some sledding there soon. It's been a long time. My nephew is back there now and found some good snow, at least from the vid's he sent. I'll have to ask where he was.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drive it today, not looking really good. probably 18" up top is all. Sal/crest has 4' maybe at the top.....

Rode almost every day for the past week. Depends where you go. Some areas have that freakin ice crust some don't. More than 4' up top. The good areas have about 6.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey momma went up lumberton again yesterday great day of riding gonna have to make my way to your neck of the woods real soon for a ride

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped up at bayonne yesterday for an hour of quick playing on our way home and man was it deeep:d seen some old tracks in momma i'm assuming that was your group that was up there. we only went to about the 1-14 km mark when it gets narrow in the trees and starts to climb then turned back getting dark but man is it ever wicked up there rite now

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped up at bayonne yesterday for an hour of quick playing on our way home and man was it deeep:d seen some old tracks in momma i'm assuming that was your group that was up there. we only went to about the 1-14 km mark when it gets narrow in the trees and starts to climb then turned back getting dark but man is it ever wicked up there rite now

yup it's awesome!!!! Cool Jared!:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom