salmo/creston

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went back up bayonne creek and into devils hole lake i gotta say amazing conditions bluebird day and virtually no one back there we ventured on to a big cirque with a ton of hillclimb spots nice easy access to some of bc most amazing country gotta be a memeber of creston salmo or nelson but well worth the $45 it cost to get access to the darkwoods area if u have the gas u can go anywere

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
we went back up bayonne creek and into devils hole lake i gotta say amazing conditions bluebird day and virtually no one back there we ventured on to a big cirque with a ton of hillclimb spots nice easy access to some of bc most amazing country gotta be a memeber of creston salmo or nelson but well worth the $45 it cost to get access to the darkwoods area if u have the gas u can go anywere

Is this a private club area? First I have seen a $45 'access fee' being charged for public land or is this the private land of the Nature Conservacy? Just asking for clarification as my broken ankle heals for another 4 weeks.....

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a private club area? First I have seen a $45 'access fee' being charged for public land or is this the private land of the Nature Conservacy? Just asking for clarification as my broken ankle heals for another 4 weeks.....

The Land Conservancy bought this chunk of land off Darkwoods. It's a massive chunk west off of Kooteney lake. An old piece of CPRails land i believe.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

NCC bought the parcel from Darkwoods last year and has an agreement with Beaver Valley club and Creston club. Salmo club doesn't exist anymore. So to "legally" ride the area you must join either club and sign an agreement. One condition I thought was odd is you must agree to record (written and photos if possible) any unauthorized motorized activity if you're up there. :rolleyes: I think if you stay out of the closed areas it should be good.

Just for the record, there are new closures for Sheep and Oscar/Ymir ck which can be accessed from Darkwoods or other way around.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree Jared, We rode there a few times this year... When I refer to the "most awesome ride of the year" all the guys know I'm talking about that one. Love Love love love love that area. We wove in through the trees by Arkansas and hit 5 lakes in total that day, each with a wicked fun climb area. Woo hooo!:d:beer:

21977_310126769046_758424046_451538.jpg

Picture2712.jpg

Picture2702.jpg

Picture2335.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have an awesome club in Creston. Lots of cool stuff happening.
Picture2207.jpg

Beacon Class
Picture2229.jpg

Picture2230.jpg

Picture2218.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Kootenay Lake.......... Plaid Lake...
that was a smokin awesome ride. Woooooooo weeeeeee that one scary spot though... I sooooo didn't lose my sled down it.. woo hooo!

Picture2233.jpg

Picture2237.jpg

Picture2237.jpg

Picture2251.jpg

Picture2281.jpg

Picture2344.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more areas up and over char

Picture2798.jpg

Picture2806.jpg

woo hooo......... got to ride a turbo....lol
Picture2811.jpg

Picture2794.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our poker run.. What a great day. Our poker run was up blazed creek, up the Salmo/Creston Pass.
Picture2665.jpg

Picture2669.jpg

I won a hug from President Ken Fleck.... I mean.. I won a hat.. lol
Picture2672.jpg

Picture2647.jpg

Picture2633.jpg

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherman Lake, and going into Haystack

untitled-1.jpg

craig.jpg

Picture1987.jpg

Ahhhhhh crap........ hee hee hee
Picture1980.jpg

Picture1978.jpg

Picture1965.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A rite of passage.... I passed on the powder special to my 13 year old daughter this year... oh my gosh .... what an amazing Mom moment..
rastahats233.jpg

rastahats228.jpg

rastahats235.jpg

rastahats226.jpg

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you very much for some of those pics looks you have had some amazing rides i have always wanted to get back into haystack and plaid lake areas but just haven't had the time or people to go with i hear it is phenomenal back there once again thanks for the pics

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you very much for some of those pics looks you have had some amazing rides i have always wanted to get back into haystack and plaid lake areas but just haven't had the time or people to go with i hear it is phenomenal back there once again thanks for the pics

If I don't go to Golden with my bros this weekend we're doing Plaid.. you're more than welcome to come!:)

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Do you guys ever ride up Sanca creek off Kootenay lake. Did some quadding up there and looked like some good terrain up by wooden shoe lake. Wondering what the snow gets like back in there.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never personally been back there but have quaded it lots and ya looks mazing heard from a few people that it is a pretty good spot to ride

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year we wondered if anyone rode the Salmo/Creston anywhere, I guess this winter on one of our trips we will have to try out either Char or Bayonne.

Can anyone provide a link to the Creston Club or any such place that we could inquire about daily riding in that area? I don't remember there being any place to stage along the hiway though.

Any info is appreciated.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just go to google and type in creston snowmobile club or kokanee snowmobile club it should bring it up! The riding there is amazing the south side othe highway is open to everyone but the north half is open to members only. in all honesty it is $45 bucks for the year for membership so may as well just buy a membership even if u do only ride it 2-3 times a year it is well worth it the snow mid year is unreal and the spring riding is fabolous!! like posted previously if u have fuel u can go anywere!!!!! staging is sparse up that way definately gotta be up there early i found as long as i'm up at the staging areas before 8:30 u are good to go!:)

Last year we wondered if anyone rode the Salmo/Creston anywhere, I guess this winter on one of our trips we will have to try out either Char or Bayonne.

Can anyone provide a link to the Creston Club or any such place that we could inquire about daily riding in that area? I don't remember there being any place to stage along the hiway though.

Any info is appreciated.

Top Bottom