RZR turbos

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many have one on here? Pros & cons ,costs and opinions. Was it worth it,how fast are they ? What kit did you use?
Thx for the imput...

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joe at cycleworks west was running one last year. The stock motor didn't handle 9 lbs boost to well....I didn't get the whole story but there were pieces of the motor sitting on the service department counter after a rod went through the block. There is a section on Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net that deals strictly with boosted rzr's.

Cuda

Reaction score
Hello
ive been running a turbo for about two years on my rzr. Running 9 lbs of boost is not much if you have it tuned correctly and run a third injector for extra fuel. Most of the cheap kits do not use a third injector where tuning becomes a REAL issue. As of now I run 15-16 lbs of boost and of coarse 110 octane fuel. I have low compression pistons 9-1 and pulled the crank and had it pinned and welded, water to air inter cooler for the mud, third injector and a ton of other stuff to make it run correctly. We go done to the dunes every summer so power is everything. Just to give u an idea within 300-400 yards I can out run my buddy's XP by about 12-15 lengths. I have a ton of time into these builds so feel free to ask questions.
If I were to do this again I would put the Z1 motor out of the arctic sled in, CVT already and 180 hp.
chris

Top Bottom