Ruby Falls Ride 2008

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be at the Cadomin turn off at about 6:25 pm, if you want to wait there for us. Save you a few miles and possible difficulties turning around.

Other option for you is to take the Cardinal River Road a mile or so after you pass the Brazeau River. The sign says it is unmaintained but it can be used; rough though. Follow Cardinal River Rd past Smallboy's Camp (small community), past Muskiki Lake, past the next bridge and then take the left at the Y a few miles later. We will be at the Y at about 8:00 - 8:15PM or you can continue about two to three miles where the area next to the road on both sides opens up for camping. On the left side of the road is a Kiosk. We will try to camp near that Kiosk. If you print a copy of the map that is linked from the Edson directions (a few posts back) and use the satalite overlay you can see Muskiki lake, the bridge, the Y, and the camping are. This will save you 1 to 1-1/2 of gravel rd.

Hey Garry. I have to run back to Edmonton now after I leave Outwest so i'll just meet everyone at UFA

mudhellya

Reaction score
Awsome she is going to come along we are leaving the devon area at about 6:00 pm on the friday night so i am assuming we will be at the camping area about 10ish and thanks for the info

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Is there anyone going that is not riding? trying to convince my wife to go but she can't ride and she doesn't want to hang around camp all the time by herself

mudhellya

Reaction score
my wife might not ride she is very nervous about riding anywhere that is not flat, she had a bad wreck on a horse a number of years back and has no confidence any more unless its on her own two feet no matter how hard she tries she just doesnt enjoy it and spends most of the ride when she does ride so tense that she is sore the next day, but she keeps trying
She is my little trooper

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife might not ride she is very nervous about riding anywhere that is not flat, she had a bad wreck on a horse a number of years back and has no confidence any more unless its on her own two feet no matter how hard she tries she just doesnt enjoy it and spends most of the ride when she does ride so tense that she is sore the next day, but she keeps trying
She is my little trooper

There are only a few smaller hills right near the start of the trail if your wife goes in with Kim. Most of the trail along the river bed.

mudhellya

Reaction score
ok cool i will tell her and thanks for the info she is also worried about slowing people down and just plain nervous, i told her not to worry LOL

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok heres the list so far theres still some room.
1 8x10 blue tarp
1 first aid kit
1 box garbage bags
2 boxes fire starters
1 thermal blanket
4 light sticks
1 whistle
1 knife
1 lighters
2 rachet straps
1 wind up flashlight
1 roll duct tape
extra AA bateries
1 log book with pencils

If anyone has a bicycle flag their willing to part with I could use?
Now Im undecided about tools or a small compressor, tire repair kit. These should be brought with you already. For the winter I will put a flag above the box. Is there anything else maybe someone can contribute (not too big). If so tell me here and bring it with you to put in the box at camp. If this goes missing or gets destroyed I will remove it and wont replace. Its for the benifit of everyone.

charity650

Reaction score
hi guy's and gals, I just came back from Grave Flats on tuesday. My Family and 15 other riders were up there ages ranging from 3 to 55. My 7 yr old rides a 90 arctic cat and was capable of riding all the trails. the only trail that gave her grief was the south esk trail, due to some hills, some of the mud pools on the trail are a fair deep too, but that little 90 just motored through it all. oh and the nomad trail, its pretty chewed up. other than that its good. The weather was great. The fish and game are patroling pretty hard so make sure your quad/rhino is registered and insured. Have a fun and safe weekend. For the first timers, take a camera, the scenery is amazing!

mudhellya

Reaction score
We will be at the UFA west of Edson at 6 pm (barring any problems) see you guys tomorrow:d

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be at the UFA shortly after 5:00 and will sit near the back of the cafe. Please let me know if you'll be having supper at the UFA and I'll make reservations so we are all together.

We leave the UFA parking lot at 6:00.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be at the UFA shortly after 5pm I figure. I'll be the guy driving the Grand Caravan with the Gade. If you come say hello I'll give you a free hat! ;)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I'm out I was informed wed that I had to work this weekend....well because my bosses are lazy *&%holes :rant:....and heard they weather is going to be nice so time to take a holiday

leftyq

Reaction score
the wife and i should be there around 5 also and we'll get something to eat there , we' ll be in a truck with a camper and pulling 2 outlanders

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is considerable construction on the west bound highway through Edson. The best advise is to get into the left lane as soon as the speed limit hits 50 kmh. Once you get to the airport the construction is done. The right lane is really rough even if it is not in a construction area.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone told me the ride to the falls was shut down after the Aug long weekend?? I don't think this is possible...but anyone know for sure?? I am looking to go out on Aug. 17...

leftyq

Reaction score
hey Garry just wanted to say thanks for putting the ride together to ruby falls and having us along this weekend , we enjoy it a lot the wife says next time she would like to take an extra day or 2 to go there now that's she's been . even got to watch the northern lights last night too , once again thanks Garry

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leftyq, no problem. I had fun as well. Everything, except the sunset co-operated.

Kim and were going there anyways, so no big deal having everyone along.

Thanks to Sheila and Dennis for helping Kim lead the group in along the creek, and thanks to Ric for helping me with the group that went in along upper trail. Kim and I apprieciate the extra help.:)

Pics! I didn't take any this time. I would like to see what you guys took for pic.... kinda like seeing the ride from your eyes.:cool:

mudhellya

Reaction score
Th ride was just not meant to be for us :nono: we were going to meet at the UFA but had a blow out on the truck about 15 km from home and my spare was the wrong bolt patern for the truck so drove home on the flat and hooked up to my service truck from work and got to camp at about 11:00 pm (sorry if we woke anyone lol) the saturday morning the battery on my wifes quad was dead, we got it going but missed the group :( we tryed to catch up to you guys but we were not sure where we were going and the Kodiak was acting up and stalled on us and we couldn't get it going again so pulled it back to camp had lunch loaded up and came home :( on the plus side my wife says we can get a new quad as the Kodiak is pretty old and getting unreliable so we were there but ............. maybe next time

Top Bottom