Ruby Falls Ride 2008

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Debi and I will be attending this trip Gary. Likely to be in Edson/Hinton on Thursday sometime as we are working/quadding our way back from Speedy Creek sk. on the long weekend. Will watch the thread as much as we can to hook up with the group.

Greg

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in for this too, I will be staying at outwest till then. i'll be taking the road from nordegg to robb so i'll have to keep an eye for everyone there going by.

Reaction score
Hi Garry,

We are going this weekend. I can't seem to get tothe driving directions. Also - I am looking for driving directions tot he staging area for those that have not been before.
Thanks!
Carmen

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in for this too, I will be staying at outwest till then. i'll be taking the road from nordegg to robb so i'll have to keep an eye for everyone there going by.

Do you have a GPS? If so, I can save you miles.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Garry,

We are going this weekend. I can't seem to get tothe driving directions. Also - I am looking for driving directions tot he staging area for those that have not been before.
Thanks!
Carmen

Carmen,

Click right -->here<-- , or you can look back in this thread for the directions. PM me if your still having trouble.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I don't have one

We will be at the Cadomin turn off at about 6:25 pm, if you want to wait there for us. Save you a few miles and possible difficulties turning around.

Other option for you is to take the Cardinal River Road a mile or so after you pass the Brazeau River. The sign says it is unmaintained but it can be used; rough though. Follow Cardinal River Rd past Smallboy's Camp (small community), past Muskiki Lake, past the next bridge and then take the left at the Y a few miles later. We will be at the Y at about 8:00 - 8:15PM or you can continue about two to three miles where the area next to the road on both sides opens up for camping. On the left side of the road is a Kiosk. We will try to camp near that Kiosk. If you print a copy of the map that is linked from the Edson directions (a few posts back) and use the satalite overlay you can see Muskiki lake, the bridge, the Y, and the camping are. This will save you 1 to 1-1/2 of gravel rd.

mudhellya

Reaction score
Does anyone have the GPS coords for where the camping area you will be staying at?

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the brother inlaw last night and we're in,we'll meet you at ufa next friday.

kaminski

Reaction score
I am unable to open the link to the map - is there a trick?

Thanks
Carmen

mudhellya

Reaction score
I am trying to convince my wife to join me on this run but i have never been there and am not sure what the trails are like, can anyone tell me if the trails are ok for a beginer rider who is not really comfy on a quad?? or are they pretty technical??

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the looks of the group going, I'm guessing we'll have those who want a "fun" run in one group and those looking for a leisure ride to the falls in another group. Depending on the trail you take, the ride to the falls can be very easy or very.... dirty.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to convince my wife to join me on this run but i have never been there and am not sure what the trails are like, can anyone tell me if the trails are ok for a beginer rider who is not really comfy on a quad?? or are they pretty technical??

There are two ways into Ruby Falls. One way has a muddy area that requires some skill or a good winch. I'll lead a group along this trail. Kim will lead another group along the river bed. This trail has only a few muddy areas but are easy to navigate. The river bed is rough because of the rocks and there are quite a few water crossings. All the river crossings have gravel bottoms and are reasonibly easy. Once the trails merge together there is two spots that require some skill, but they are not that bad and there will be lots of help. If anything, the river bed trail will inspire some confidence in herself.

I took Kim on this ride the first time she drove a quad herself.... and she survived!:eek:

Also, we have another couple from the Edson ATV Club that won't be camping with us, but will be riding with Kim along the river bed so there will be enough help for the wife.

Top Bottom