So guys whats the verdict
Are these kits really a big difference or small improvement for big dollars
Sounds like a few have been ordered so let's here your stories
Thks
Birdie

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan to ride it around home this weekend. This insane wind storm is destroying the already crappy snow around here, so probably limit it to a quick test ride.

sewell386

Reaction score
Had my sled out for the first time last weekend with the kit on and was very impressed! It pulls hard all the way my only problem now is I had to tie a fridge to the front of the sled to hold her down

Worth every penny!

yammyman

Reaction score
Ran the kit today in Revy. 2 feet of fairly heavy fresh and the sled pulls hard and smooth & holds rpms. Very happy with it!

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So guys whats the verdict
Are these kits really a big difference or small improvement for big dollars
Sounds like a few have been ordered so let's here your stories
Thks
Birdie

big difference for not that many dollars. Well worth it IMO.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been trying to order a kit .. but it seems like getting a hold of them is the hardest part !

We work full time jobs and are at the shop in the evening. We check the answering machine and return calls every evening. If we overlooked or missed a message, our bad. :beer:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We work full time jobs and are at the shop in the evening. We check the answering machine and return calls every evening. If we overlooked or missed a message, our bad. :beer:

all good Paul .. you called me back while I was out riding today and took my order !

one more "Review" coming your way soon peeps !!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want one also. Can u pm me a phone number and i will order one ASAP

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all good Paul .. you called me back while I was out riding today and took my order !

one more "Review" coming your way soon peeps !!

I got those new sec springs this evening so It will ship on Monday. Thank you and looking forward to your opinion.
I am experimenting with some hand ground ramps this weekend to address the buzzy feel at low speeds. Its not nearly as bad as stock, but can be better. Setting up some Sled necks guys and RMSHA guys, so I will do my best to address a couple areas that they would like tweaked a bit.
Im always open to making changes if I see a benefit, not locked into generic kits, although the recipe we use has been very successful.... for a couple hillbillies wrenching on sleds.

skidoo90

Reaction score
I just put on my kit for some reason my engagement is abit high, it start to engage at 4300rpm, any idea besides getting a softer spring?

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should settle in about 4-4200. New spring. Adjust belt deflection as tight as possible without squealing or making it difficult to start and engagement is smooth and predictable....not harsh at all.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put on my kit for some reason my engagement is abit high, it start to engage at 4300rpm, any idea besides getting a softer spring?
Paul beat me to it, when I installed my first kit I too was concerned about the higher engagement. But like paul said the primary spring will settle in, engagement is smooth.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got those new sec springs this evening so It will ship on Monday. Thank you and looking forward to your opinion.
I am experimenting with some hand ground ramps this weekend to address the buzzy feel at low speeds. Its not nearly as bad as stock, but can be better. Setting up some Sled necks guys and RMSHA guys, so I will do my best to address a couple areas that they would like tweaked a bit.
Im always open to making changes if I see a benefit, not locked into generic kits, although the recipe we use has been very successful.... for a couple hillbillies wrenching on sleds.
Hey Paul! Was wondering if yah had any further progress on the ramps.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it a little higher on the etec, they are just so lazy feeling at low speed, this along with the helix angles and sec spring makes them much more "spirited" at lower speeds. Its only about 200 over stock but makes it much more fun to ride....snappier and more responsive. If after riding it, you find its something that doesnt work for you, give us a call for options....but most guys prefer the quicker response.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul! Was wondering if yah had any further progress on the ramps.

No. Didn't get to ride as much late season as I would have liked. Tried a couple things but nothing Im too excited about. Have more stuff to play with this year, but we're not riding yet.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Winter. Just road my xm today.

Pulls good and has good rpm ect.

But jack crap for down hill holding like I have in my xp. Freewheels ways to easy.

What ya got to fix that ??

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Top Bottom