Roosterbuilt clutch kit for xm.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements guys, glad it's working well for you. Sorry I don't make it over to this site much, just not enough hours in the day sometimes.
I would like to add that we had a issue with SOME primary springs we sent out. If you got a yellow/blue primary spring and have any RPM drop issues or find you have to use much less pin weight then recommended, please give us a call and we will send a new spring ASAP. We have let many customers know, but if we missed you please give us a shout. No web site, just leave us a phone message and we return calls in the evening....I'm not sure about S&M policy on listing phone numbers, so please just google us for contact info. Paul-

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of track speed difference did you see between the two?

Turnout track speed was about 2-3 mph better than stock with me riding both sleds back to back on the same hill. The track speed spools up so much quicker than stock from a standing start and when yah cycle the track speed recovers. Your thumb is connected to the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turnout track speed was about 2-3 mph better than stock with me riding both sleds back to back on the same hill. The track speed spools up so much quicker than stock from a standing start and when yah cycle the track speed recovers. Your thumb is connected to the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is exactly how I would describe Paul's kit in my 2010.

Got a chance to throw a leg over an XM for the first time this weekend. I actually really wasnt impressed. I thought I would be from all of the glowing reviews, but Im guessing this kit would change that.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered yesterday afternoon and just looked at the tracking number and it should be here today. Super quick.
to get one call tel(253)333-8533. $340 but I had mine shipped to a US address, shipping to Canada is $35 more, I believe.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like that the roosterbuilt guy is active on the forums (this one and especially snowest). Conversely, Dynamo Joe's inactivity on forums and ancient info on his website give the impression he barely even knows what an XM is.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for first ride with the clutch kit in whistler area. I highly recommend it, night and day difference from stock. Seems to hook up way better in deep powder, and will keep pulling up hill.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of clutch kits .. do you folks install the secondary yourselves or take it to a shop ?

primary is easy, but I don't have any QRS tools .. how much did the shop charge to do your install ?

maybe i'll just use this excuse to buy some QRS tools and do it myself ....

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ended up ordering tools form ct powersports .. $70 for a QRS compressor, alignment tool and caliper puller .. couldn't say no to it

always like buying more tools .. just need the excuse .. now to get a hold of Paul to order my clutch kit

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ended up ordering tools form ct powersports .. $70 for a QRS compressor, alignment tool and caliper puller .. couldn't say no to it

always like buying more tools .. just need the excuse .. now to get a hold of Paul to order my clutch kit

Holy cow thats cheap. Im gonna check that out. Thanks.

VWbuggy

Reaction score
I am thiking of clutching my 11 e-tec. Am just woundring how long does it take to come. I have been reading all the theard and I like what I'am reading . Ilive in northern Alberta ?

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They ship with UPS so its probably 2-3 days to Alberta. I had mine shipped to a US address and it only took a day.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If yah use the postal service, mine came in about three weeks, if yah want to pay the extra for a courier it's alot quicker. I don't know what the courier cost is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom