Roosterbuilt clutch kit for xm.

gordo907

Reaction score
ordered one last week, said shipped it friday. postal he told me end of this week, or start of next. said there was a few that took 3 weeks but that was not normal. he never even asked me to ship courier. hope it gets here end of the week. run it against stock clutching at 8000 asap

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and still waiting maybe longer I would have to check the dates but it was when this post started for sure so maybe 2 months hmmmmmm

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked back at thread and was like first week of feb, so long time ago.............

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine on Mar 4, postal service. Not here yet. I would expect two full weeks for delivery.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
US Postal service also has an expedited service similar to fed ex and ups. Ordered my Demon chest protector from California and it showed up in 4 days and way cheaper then UPS. Wasn't hung up in customs either.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got tracking number tonight and my kit has travel all over the usa, scanned in feb 7th from there shop and went to all over calif and just showed up in seattle on march 8th, was in LA, SAN, SAN again diff location, then to Kent Wa twice and to Revansdale 2 locations and now in seattle, wow it's gonna have to many miles on the kit to install, lol

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like that the roosterbuilt guy is active on the forums (this one and especially snowest). Conversely, Dynamo Joe's inactivity on forums and ancient info on his website give the impression he barely even knows what an XM is.

Dont go there.

Joe answers up to 70 emails a day serving clients, im sure answering vague questions from tire kickers. His posts on this forum and Dootalk are few but every post is poignant and educational. He has the 800 etec dialed in. Whether its a 2011 or a 2014 its the same engine.

His new website is in the works.

Lets not start a Joe vs Paul thing. Thats not the point of this, just had to call shenanigans on the post.

Now.....back to discussion on Roosterbuilt.

Last edited:

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love USPS :confused:
I apologize for the delay on a couple clutch setups. Slow delivery is expected but over a month is rediculous. Thank you for being understanding!! We are frustrated by this too.
I've been in contact with those effected.... it sounds like the expedited USPS is about the only way to avoid the duty fees/taxes and get delivered in a reasonable amount of time....a little more costly but that is likely what we will do on all future shipping to Canada.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine on Mar 4, postal service. Not here yet. I would expect two full weeks for delivery.

Just arrived today Canada Post. Never had CP deliver on a Sunday before, not sure what that is about. No extra fees/taxes/brokerage to pay either, which is sweet. Also not sure about that, as they did the customs form with a $340 value... is the whole world going mad?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it about half installed. Need loctite and chaincase oil. Was able to use the Dalton secondary compressor as a primary compressor.

It comes with secondary spring, secondary helix, top sprocket, pin weight kit, primary spring. Plus specific pin weights to use at the elevations I specified.

BTW I found this new video from that hardcore Ontario guy that sometimes is on the forums, very helpful when I was stuck a few times:
Ski doo Freeride clutch kit from ibackshift installation, primary and secondary clutch. PowerModz! - YouTube

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has run this kit with a Belt drive system? If so did you change the gearing? Thanks

yammyman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has run this kit with a Belt drive system? If so did you change the gearing? Thanks

I'll be running mine on Thursday with a 2.52ratio belt drive, bit I told Paul what gearing and he sent corresponding setup, I'll let you know how it works!

Top Bottom