Roosterbuilt clutch kit for xm.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 of the 872's with 163's we are working with. Just need snow to do more testing and get some time on he engines to get through break-in. We will have a setup as soon as we are happy with it.[/QUOTE I will be trying 1 of your kit's this winter on a 872 So keep us updated on this kit Please and thank-you.Cheers

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
With the speed of USPS, your wife might be insane by the time it gets there.:beer: They have been taking about 10+ days. I wish there were more choices on shipping but it seems the only one that doesn't add a bunch of charges for shipper and customer.

Got that right!
UPS adds extra charges that really add to the price of the parts.

In BC Canada, UPS ships everything through the UPS warehouse in Vancouver. So when the parts get to the UPS Vancouver warehouse UPS phones and asks you if you would like them to act on your behalf if you don't have a broker. Like who the heck has a broker!!?I
f you say yes, (like you have any choice) UPS adds $25 to $85 dollars or more to the bill, that you have to pay, when the part arrives on top of the freight charge.
Plus, UPS will also ask you how you want the part shipped from the UPS warehouse in Vancouver, and again this is an extra charge. The freight charge when you ordered the part from the USA is not to your door, only to the nearest UPS warehouse in Canada, the rest is extras. In my case the UPS warehouse is 500 miles away.
If someone ships me parts by UPS, I don't accept the parcel, and I tell UPS they can not act as my broker and that I have recorded their call.

I only ship via USPS. The parcel comes to the nearest post office, a mile from my house, and no extra charges other than the usual taxes, if they apply.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. I ordered a golf club a long time ago before they gave you the option. Showed up at my door and the charges were around the same price as the club. Couldnt believe it. Havent used them since.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I received my RB kit like a month ago and have been to freaking busy to install. I might have to get someone to do it for me as work has been swamped. Any suggestions?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Rooster Built complete kit for sale that I bought for my 13 XM 800 163
It is a mtn set up 4-7 ft
it is stock sled set and Brand New I just go it 1 week ago

I am going a different way with a big bore set up and clutching comes with
Paid $390 plus freight $30.00 all in $420.00 US

I am wanting $375.00 out of it
Call me
Bob 780-719-6220

So I bought this kit. 1 Question it is a boondocker kit. How does that differ from the hillclimbing kit?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 kits that I would probably sell if anyone is interested. From my experience with my XP kit, and reviews on the XM kit I have no doubts there will be a huge improvement. Im just tired of tinkering. Gonna ride it stock.

One kit has 20 tooth top gear, and the other a 21. In one of the kits the helix and adjustable pins are used, but new springs and gear. Would be no different from new but will deal a bit on that one a bit because there are some used parts.

400 shipped for new one
350 shipped for one with used helix and pin kit

Prices are firm. Thanks :)

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I bought this kit. 1 Question it is a boondocker kit. How does that differ from the hillclimbing kit?

We offer one setup....with changes to gearing and/or pin weight for particular sled/mods and altitude etc...PM or call me if you need any info on pin weight etc...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 kits that I would probably sell if anyone is interested. From my experience with my XP kit, and reviews on the XM kit I have no doubts there will be a huge improvement. Im just tired of tinkering. Gonna ride it stock.

One kit has 20 tooth top gear, and the other a 21. In one of the kits the helix and adjustable pins are used, but new springs and gear. Would be no different from new but will deal a bit on that one a bit because there are some used parts.

400 shipped for new one
350 shipped for one with used helix and pin kit

Prices are firm. Thanks :)
Put the kit in Buddy, go with pauls recommended setup up, and theres no tinkering, trust me! pauls recommended setup was bang on and I have not touched it. Going from your RB clutched Xp to a stock clutched XM will make yah want to put the kit in.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to wrench on sunday with the boys and install my kit, any tips for the install?

Make sure you put your pin weight screws in the middle of the pin and not on the ends. Lock tight them in as well. That is what Paul does.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heat up the 4 torx bolts in the back of your secondary to break the locktite loose easier or you'll strip the bolt or break the socket or bolt

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are away from the shop for a few days, if you have questions on install or tuning, PM me on here and I will try to check it while we are away.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Going to install my kit in the next couple days. I remember reading somewhere that the XP primary puller is different than the XM, or maybe any etec. I searched but couldn't find any info, is this true? I have the puller I used for my '08 xp, is it the same? I have no problems using the water trick to get the primary off, but what about splitting the sheaves? Don't want to pound on the bolt.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the puller will work but when you get the primary off screw the primary bolt back into the primary and pound it on the ground using the bolt to separate the sheaves. Works very slick and this is how they do it at the dealer.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also hold onto the outer sheave when pounding it on the ground or work bench so it will force the outer sheaves off the inner sheave. Hope this helps. Cheers

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
I really don't want to pound on the bolt. I would just try the puller, but need a snowmobile, first.... "Apparently" should be in this week.
I have everything else ready to go, and have very limited time to work on the sled(once I get it) between work, and before a planned trip. Just want to know if I should get a new puller before the sled shows up, or if it will work to split them.

Top Bottom