Rocky Rail Line Oct 1st

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Hey, a buddy and I are riding the rail line Oct 1st, staying over at Nordegg, then riding back Sunday Oct 2nd, anyone welcome to join. Meeting at the Rocky co-op at 8:30am Oct 1st.

Pointe

Last edited:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a group from Red Deer planning on doing that ride also the same weekend

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya guys go u need to go around the palmers cabin way.... the tree root valley with the goofy bridge [ the one that has been leaning to one side ] is out....

been there 2 weekends in a row ... shes dryer than a popcorn fart too....

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Can someone who rides the trail with a sxs comment on the way through the long skeg piece?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have a gps track of the go around?

the skeg is pretty dryed up and not so bad now.....

U have to go around the palmers cabin way.... Thats the bypass for the bridge out.... I don't HAVE the gps on the way around its in my head.... Mabe ask hadster in here.... He and i know it like the back of our hand.... He has some gps stuff

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the skeg is pretty dryed up and not so bad now.....

U have to go around the palmers cabin way.... Thats the bypass for the bridge out.... I don't HAVE the gps on the way around its in my head.... Mabe ask hadster in here.... He and i know it like the back of our hand.... He has some gps stuff

when was the last time ya looked at the hand? ya always seem to have a glove on.

vinson

Reaction score
six of us from red deer doing same ride oct 1 but probably starting from saunders so we can get to nordegg a little quicker and catch a couple new trails around nordegg maybe run up to coliseum mountain for a peek if anyone wants to join us the more the merrier we have a couple side bys and quads so far

Last edited:

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
What time are you leaving rocky? If you cut out the skeg and the last potion of the ride you will save a couple hours. I am undecided wether to bring quad or sxs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What time are you leaving rocky? If you cut out the skeg and the last potion of the ride you will save a couple hours. I am undecided wether to bring quad or sxs.

we had a razer s both times with us... had no problems....... other than a tree that jumped out in front... some people only cut the downed trees to a quad size...so mabe have a saw...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
six of us from red deer doing same ride oct 1 but probably starting from saunders so we can get to nordegg a little quicker and catch a couple new trails around nordegg maybe run up to coliseum mountain for a peek if anyone wants to join us the more the merrier we have a couple side bys and quads so far

have fun and if u haven't been down it yet this year enjoy the new bridges on the north side [ between harlick and the shunda creek ] ... its like a highway now...

vinson

Reaction score
we plan on being on the trail by 10 am so we may be able to meet up in rocky around 8:30 we will have to see how weather is and how many are going , it would be great to meet and ride with some new faces

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Currently there are three of us going from Edmonton. We will be at the Co-op gas station in Rocky at 8:30am if anyone else want to meet up with us. One of our riders has not gone the entire trail yet so we are going to do the start to finish. Not sure about the Palmers bypass though. We have one quad for sure. Two of us are undecided whether to bring the rzrs or not.

Last edited:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, a buddy and I are riding the rail line Oct 1st, staying over at Nordegg, then riding back Sunday Oct 2nd, anyone welcome to join. Meeting at the Rocky co-op at 8:30am Oct 1st.

Pointe
I just might join in on that, it's been too long since i've been out for a ride, and i haven't been on that ride since this springs ride that i didn't get to finish.
I'm not sure yet as i may have to leave town for work on short notice, so i likley won't know until Friday evening or so.
I do not know if i have that bypass at Palmer's cabin on GPS track or not, i'll have to have a look when i;m at home.
You will be just fine with RZR's etc. but should have a saw just in case.

vinson

Reaction score
Hey hadster it would be great if you could join/lead us like the run last fall that was great, our group is open for what ever as long as we can ride

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey hadster it would be great if you could join/lead us like the run last fall that was great, our group is open for what ever as long as we can ride
I'd love to as long as it works out, however after checking the weather forecast for this area, this weekend i'm having second thoughts. Looks like cool cloudy,and rain for both days of the weekend, not sure if i want to be out in a cold rain for 2 days of riding, hopefully it'll be better than that...
We'll have to keep a close watch on the weather and see if i have to leave for work or not.

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
There are two groups, one doing the entire ride, the other starting at Saunders, then quading around Nordeg. the one doing the entire trail is starting St horburg 9:30am, the other at Saunders 10:30am.

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode back from nordegg friday for first time on the stretch from shunda to harlech..there was no bridge on on trestle crossing, we had to winch up a steep enbankment..was there a bridge there? I wonder if someone removed it??

Top Bottom