RIP Jack Layton

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NDP leader Jack Layton passed away this morning from cancer. At least he got to see his hard work get him to official opposition.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is absolutely amazing how fast cancer can spread throughout the body. I am not a fan nor supporter of the NDP (being raised in Saskatchewan with family voting on the business side of politics), but Jack Layton
was a good leader (but for the wrong party IMHO). Courageous to the end! We will miss his enthusiasm and drive.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
RIP Jack. I was surprised how fast this all happened. Cancer can take over your life and change everything very fast. Just over a week ago he took a leave and not a week later he passed away. I'm not a NDP but know he did make a difference with some things in Canada.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry guys........ but i'm doing the wooooooo dance .... but both layton and the liberial leader [ starts with an I but can't rember it ] both sucked.... u could see them lyin through there teeth .... at least i could see it...

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not an ndp fan by any means but this was a bit of a shock .... rip jack .... thoughts and prayers to all affected by his passing

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not an NDP supporter and not a big fan of Jack Layton, however the man fought cancer once and survived, then fought it hard again WHILE making huge inroads politically this spring! Condolences to his family! R.I.P. Jack Layton!!

and BTW Tex, ALL politicians lie...Whether they be liberal, conservative, NDP, green party...etc. Can't believe a word any of them say!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not an NDP supporter and not a big fan of Jack Layton, however the man fought cancer once and survived, then fought it hard again WHILE making huge inroads politically this spring! Condolences to his family! R.I.P. Jack Layton!!

and BTW Tex, ALL politicians lie...Whether they be liberal, conservative, NDP, green party...etc. Can't believe a word any of them say!!

ya but y lie through the teeth.... at least i know the cons are doing it...

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then only politician I've seen that I would want to sit down and have a beer with. Seemed more real than the rest.

RIP Jack

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then only politician I've seen that I would want to sit down and have a beer with. Seemed more real than the rest.

RIP Jack

Although I would never support the NDP party I have to agree with this. Something about him seemed sincere compared to the others. Maybe because he was the underdog he needed to be different than the others. Either way RIP Jack!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same Jack Layton who (along with his wife) got subsidized housing for themselves for years when they were both on Toronto city council? The same Jack layton who got his mother-inlaw subsidized housing then lived with her for years? Sorry...this guy was a typical right-winger stuck on the tit of the nation for years and I for one won't miss him.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was shocked to hear him dead so soon..I didnt support him either,,but i am sure he is missed by alot of people,but it is terrible how cancer works,:twocents:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
what I think most touched me was the fact that his battle the second time was so short, that he had to stand in front of the nation and tell everyone that he will be back when most likely he knew he wouldn't. That he fought so hard to get his political party to the official opposition, and while politicians get lots of perks he still didn't get to see his retirement and to enjoy the rest of his life without being in the public eye full time. That he left behind his family....etc. Regardless of what party he served for, he is the face of how ugly of a disease cancer can be, how fast it can take a life and how it doesn't matter how rich or poor you are, it affects everyone.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom