Riding with a Stoma

John Boy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had a bought with cancer a year ago and I won. Only thing is now I have a permanent Stoma and I am wondering if there any other riders out there with one as well. I'm a bit nervous on my first trip to the mountains so any input on the tricks you've done would be great.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrap around in Cheese Cloth or a loose Tensor Bandage to hold it in place.

Drty Ernie

Reaction score
I too had a visit from cancer only my pouch was temporary but I too wasn't about to let it hold me back. I did some searching on the web and I found a young man that had a pouch and he had designed a pouch for active people. I just googled it and one if found is . This wasn't the one the guy designed but this is close to what the young man designed. Hope it heads you in the right direction. Congrats on kicking Cancers ass!

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you John Boy, 15 months ago Doc told me about lung cancer, now I'm a 1 an a bit cylinder. you might have a little trial and error but who cares, the smile on yours and your friends faces will be worth it. Who knows you may come up with something that helps other people out to do things that they thought impossible.

John Boy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it was a bit iffy for a while but I wouldn't give the ex the satisfaction and I've never backed down from a fight in my life so was not about to start. With the support from my wife and friends it made things easier to deal with. Still dealing with some of the side effects from the chemo of my hands and feet being numb. Doc said will take as long as a year for it to go away.

i will have a look at that site and see what I can come up with. I'm sure I'll figure out something might take a combo of some things but I will be sledding in the mountains.

Thanks again

Top Bottom