Riding at the lake 4th addition !!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
007 [1280x768].jpg Glen this pic is from last year, but this is how I start my grooming process.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
Trail packing has started here at the Lake, the ice out in front of my beach is at the 9 inch mark so you can figure it out if you wish to travel on it, I have been across the lake several times with the sleds and the Rhino. The snow is at the 8 inch mark and I will be out for a nice ride this afternoon. Its nice when you can still see the rocks.

The snow further south towards the grazing reserve is at almost 12 inches, that area got a bit of the big dump from a couple of weeks ago. If you go out there remember it's a ROCK Orchard.
I will post a few pics after we get back today.
See you on the trails
Don :d 034 [1280x768].JPG 036 [1280x768].jpg 032 [1280x768].JPG

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Snowmobilers
Deb and I went out for a ride today, other than seeing a few hunters and no deer or moose we had a great time. We haven't see snow like this on the 24th of november in years.
Now the hunters have rutted up all my packed trailes, but thats ok they're done next weekend. I also see the pipe line between Boyle and Smoky Lake is covered in surveyors stakes and ribbon so we could assume there will be activity on the big pipe line this winter. If you are on the pipe line or any other trail for that matter be cautious of the barb wire fences, the couple I came across had been knocked over but not pulled out of the way, it was a real ski trap.

See you on the trails
Don 037 [1280x768].jpg 039 [1280x768].jpg

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep up the good work,do you know if owners of the store at the entrance of the lake will let us stage there still,been a couple years and I stopped in there and noticed they are new owners,never thought to ask.As an alternative mayby the paintball place would let us if the service station says no.
Great updates,They are appreciated.
catmando!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
For all the LL snowmobilers that have used the trail that takes off at the Narrows, and all those bumps and rocks that are on that trail. Well about 3 hours of back blading and packing and this is what you get, it's not perfect but it is a whole lot better. I hope it doesn't get beat up by the hunters this week!!!
See you on the trails
Don 001 [1280x768].JPG 004 [1280x768].jpg :i_need_snow:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay folks
Finished blading and packing that first bumpy section tonight, looks good, if we get any of this Big snow dump it will be great.
C U on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I can officially say we have the same amount of snow now as we had all of last year. I was out to night and the Rhino had to work when I got into some new area.
I would consider the riding here at the lake to be good for this time of the year, remember the rocks are now covered but they didn't go anywhere!!
The hunters beat up some of my grooming but there is only one more day of legal hunting.
See you on the trails
Don:snowmobilers_wave: photo-8 [1280x768].JPG photo-7 [1280x768].JPG Ok Glen, I took these last night, a before and an after

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:nopics:get out of that machine and lets see the action.

Hi Folks
Well I can officially say we have the same amount of snow now as we had all of last year. I was out to night and the Rhino had to work when I got into some new area.
I would consider the riding here at the lake to be good for this time of the year, remember the rocks are now covered but they didn't go anywhere!!
The hunters beat up some of my grooming but there is only one more day of legal hunting.
See you on the trails
Don:snowmobilers_wave:

Muzzy

Reaction score
Excellent job on the trails. I have a place up at skeleton lake and enjoy the trails to the south and appreciate you keeping us up to date on what's happening out there. Hope you got some snow this week!!! Looking forward to getting out and enjoying the trails.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks:news:
Nothing but GOOD news today
I was grooming and packing for the last two days, the trails at the lake are great. It is groomed from the lake entrance at the Narrows all the way to the Pipe Line. The snow is a little thin in places because I had to blade it down and fill in the big holes and ruts put there by the pickups but extremely good for this time of the year. The following pics show how nice it is out here right now. There is an honest foot of dense snow on the pipe line where I measured which was approx 1 km north west of the Happy Face corners.

See you on the trails
Don:xmas-smiley-018:
010 [1280x768].JPG 011 [1280x768].JPG 013 [1280x768].jpg 007 [1280x768].JPG 012 [1280x768].JPG

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the girls out to the farm for a ride today, conditions not to bad. Decent settled base and about 5" of fluff on top. Not enough to hold it to the bar on the big sleds yet unless you want to chew up some sod. Kids had fun and picked up my trail cam....nice 4x4 escaped the wrath of the gun hunters driving on private property! Hopefully he is a alive and a bit bigger for next year. Was about a 140ish this year.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
We had a great ride today, it's so good to get out and view beautiful Alberta
The pic says it all!
See you on the trails
Don :happyholidayswreath 001 [1280x768].JPG

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
The tap has been turned off as of late, it appears all the snow is in the Edmonton area. We're getting a few flakes every day but not enough to measure a cm.
This weekend is going to be cold, so it may be a sit by the fire one and watch a few flakes come down. I will say most of the good snow is to the south, so venture that direction if you come for a ride.
The roads on the east side of the lake were being graded last week so plan a trip that you don't need to road ride.
The west side of the lake at the narrows is wet along the shore, it's probably top water but I've seen pickups fall through there in the middle of january.
I haven't been on the creek, DON'T GO THERE it's way too early to for that area, and too late in the year to go for a swim. The last guy I know that went through on the creek needed three quad winches and a wet suit.

See you on the trails
Don :xmas-smiley-010:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well we have been getting a little snow every day, and before you know it we have picked up 4 inches since last weekend. All is good here at the lake. My Cross country ski venture has taken a bit of a back seat lately but there will be some trails set by the Christmas break for those who wish to partake.
The Long Lake Ski hill is open on the weekends, give the chalet a call before you come out just to make sure it is open, 1 866 576 2161, they also have a web site just google it.

See you on the trails
Don :tree1:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well we didn't see any snow this weekend , maybe this week so says the weather "guessers". I had a opportunity to do some grooming and packing on the Fort Sask Snow Angels trail network saturday, had a great time, met some new folks and saw some new trails. Their area backs into Elk Island park, quite nice.
Well there is only a week before that jolly old fellow shows up, have a Merry Chrismas and a Happy new Year.
See you on the trail
Don :happyholidayswreath

Muzzy

Reaction score
Anyone know how much ice is on the lakes now? I was out this past weekend and it didn't look like anyone was sledding across the lake at skeleton. Great ride south towards Figure lake. Hope the weather holds out for the Xmas week. Always nice to see more snow!

Top Bottom