rev xp gearing

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man it's crazy just cant get them screen kits built fast enough for the Xp's.. It's kinda like the stingers, we've sold hundreds of both.. We also finally got our new gears in for the chaincase, some 19t still waitin on our 20's but that only be a couple of days. Our new pipes for them should be in in like a week- 10days now.. Awesome, i love workin on and building cool sleds...

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glengine you've got a cool job / hobby that must make looking forward to hearing the alarm clock ring away enjoyable everyday. What are the summer months like, are they as busy as the winter months?

newfiebullet

Reaction score
thanks guys,i was told stock for xp renagade was 23\43 so i was going to go 21\43 but my dealer told me stock was 25\45 and best to go 23\45 any one know for sure. im sure he must know but i want to buy gear before i take it apart and i dont want to have a 21\45, no top end

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new digital set up should not be of hardly at all if at all.. Just the tach it is accurate now on the new Xp's
so it must be the analogue tach they are saying is out 200 rpm's? I also read somewhere that the digi tachs were supposed to be accurate

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i never really thought about it in comparison to like vehicles.. But i know that the tach's read the same as a digitron, so they should be accurate.

aren't the digitrons hooked onto the same relay, that would probably be why they are the same?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glengine you've got a cool job / hobby that must make looking forward to hearing the alarm clock ring away enjoyable everyday. What are the summer months like, are they as busy as the winter months?

No in the summer i get to work a normal 40hr week. Which is ok cause i end up working 60-70hrs a week from like oct-march/april.. But yah it's alot of fun.. I like that over here you can actually make money at this type of job, unlike back in BC. I just wish that the mountains were closer...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that the bosses xp tach is the same as his digitron..

Hey rucky, you must not know how a digitron works.. The way it works for tach is it has three wires, power and a ground, also one that hooks into a wire coming from the magneto which picks up a pulse and that is how it reads rpm.. So it is a complete independent system from the stock tach..

And i havnt heard from anyone that the stock doo tachs are out, on the '07s they were out but not on the '08s.. The '08 tach works in somewhat the same idea as a digitron, so it'd be near impossible for it to be out...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that the bosses xp tach is the same as his digitron..

Hey rucky, you must not know how a digitron works.. The way it works for tach is it has three wires, power and a ground, also one that hooks into a wire coming from the magneto which picks up a pulse and that is how it reads rpm.. So it is a complete independent system from the stock tach..

And i havnt heard from anyone that the stock doo tachs are out, on the '07s they were out but not on the '08s.. The '08 tach works in somewhat the same idea as a digitron, so it'd be near impossible for it to be out...

You can hook up a racepak to a wire in the guage pod already, i've seen that.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah depends on which model sled.. I took a racepac off of a '04 rev today and put on a digitron. And the digitron hooks into wires just under the console and it gets it's pulse from the stator up there..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We now have our new single pipes in stock and going fast for the XP800.. First shipment arrived today...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah depends on which model sled.. I took a racepac off of a '04 rev today and put on a digitron. And the digitron hooks into wires just under the console and it gets it's pulse from the stator up there..

Yeah, varies from sled to sled, sorry for the mix up

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man. Thats what this site can be good for if you what what info you take in, A person can learn stuff.. I dont look at it as being right or wrong just giving good info and if a person wants to use or accept it then great if not so be it.. Thats there perogative.. But yah to a certain degree it's different wiring up a digatron for different brands of sleds.. Also we had to find what was a good wire to tap into on the new xp's for a pulse wire for the digatron.. They changed a few things in the wiring this year..

Top Bottom