rev xp gearing

newfiebullet

Reaction score
Hey just put a new track on renagade 137 and wondering what gears to use, should i drop 2 on top gear i believe stock is 23\43 maybe i should go 19\43 i do alot of trail riding with the wife but also like to play with the boys any thoughts, anyone try different gears yet Thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you went from a 121 track to a 136?? Or just put a different 136 track on? the 19/43 is a 2.26 gaer ratio which is pretty good for mountain riding, but might be a bit low for trail riding. It might be an idea to just drop 1 tooth on the top and go to a 20/43. Cause that will give you a 2.15 gear ratio, might be a better alround setup for you.

newfiebullet

Reaction score
no extension just changed tracks, do u think 21\43 would be a good set up, i rode all day today without any trouble with the stock 23\43 but afraid ill start snappin belts when in the mountains, seemed to be reving out a bit today but was satistfied with the deep powder i was in on the sides of trails

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Think You Are On The Right Track With The 21 Top Gear... Also Sounds Like You Might Have To Pull The Clickers Back A Notch Or Two, Though. Just A Suggestion, But You Might Look In The Classifieds Section On This Site And Look For The "duck" As It Is Very Good For Saving The Belt Life.... Allows The Secondary To Float And Keeps The Heat Down And Causes Long Belt Life. Just My 2 Cents

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That thing that people keep trying to sell on here that floats youyr secondary, for one can cause stripped jackshafts. Cause of the splined shaft.. Also you know one thing that kinda buggs me on here is people that suggest things and it dosnt even come close to even possibly working on that machine.. Example How are you supposed to float a secondary clutch on an XP when the secondary clutch and jackshaft are one peice.. I dont understand??? Like it is great for people to give advice on might help a person but PLEASE at least try and make sure it pretains to that machine and that your info is accurate...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no extension just changed tracks, do u think 21\43 would be a good set up, i rode all day today without any trouble with the stock 23\43 but afraid ill start snappin belts when in the mountains, seemed to be reving out a bit today but was satistfied with the deep powder i was in on the sides of trails

Where do you plan to do most of your riding?? Have you removed the plasticcover on clutch cover, all foam, cut down tool holder to minimum what you need. Also on the mag side of sled there is a big peice of foam just above recoil, held there with like 4 8mm bolts, that should also be removed. A 6 or 9 peice screen kit also helps to keep things cool under the hood also..

zquadnut

Reaction score
2008 600 sdi renegade x xp,1.75 track 21 top gear 102 chain,I'm still getting 90 mph out in the field.Going to go down to a 19 top and see how that does.Will try it when it's not minus 40 out side and then post back.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
2008 600 sdi renegade x xp,1.75 track 21 top gear 102 chain,I'm still getting 90 mph out in the field.Going to go down to a 19 top and see how that does.Will try it when it's not minus 40 out side and then post back.
KEEP IN MIND, THAT A LOT OF SPEEDOS AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW XP'S CAN BE OUT AT LEAST 10% IN CALIBRATION..... YAMMIE BEING ONE OF THE WORST AT OVER 13%..... MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET A RADAR SPEED GUN TO VERIFY YOUR SPEEDS FIRST??? OR SEND THE SPEEDO IN FOR ACCURATE CALIBRATION, IF YOU'RE THAT WORRIED ABOUT IT??? JUST A THOUGHT.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KEEP IN MIND, THAT A LOT OF SPEEDOS AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW XP'S CAN BE OUT AT LEAST 10% IN CALIBRATION..... YAMMIE BEING ONE OF THE WORST AT OVER 13%..... MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET A RADAR SPEED GUN TO VERIFY YOUR SPEEDS FIRST??? OR SEND THE SPEEDO IN FOR ACCURATE CALIBRATION, IF YOU'RE THAT WORRIED ABOUT IT??? JUST A THOUGHT.

Also the track is spinning a lot, so basically you're going about 10mph less than the speedo says. plus whatever percent they are off to begin with

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new digital set up should not be of hardly at all if at all.. Just the tach it is accurate now on the new Xp's

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?????? The new skidoo gauge apckage should be bang on accurate.. The altimeter some people say is wakky, but it is because it gives cvorrected altitude. Not actual altitude.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Theoretically The Speedo's Should Be Accurate, But Just Because They Are Digital Doesn't Mean Accuracy.... One Of The Magazines Did A Speedo Test On The '07 & '08's And None Of The Speedo's Were Even Within 5% Accurate. Just Like Vehicles, The Speedo's Are "roughly" Calibrated, But The Average Vehicle Is Between 3 - 5% Below The Actual Vehicle Speed... We Determine Speedo Accuracy On Vehicles On The Average Of 1 Per Week At Our Shop(usually Someone Trying To Fight A Rather Large Speeding Ticket In Court). Personally I Would Be More Concerned About An Accurate Tachometer On A Sled, Than An Accurate Speedometer(especially For Mountain Riding -- Ditchbangers & Lake Racers Might Want It The Other Way Around).......... Just My 2 Cents

zquadnut

Reaction score
Not to worried about how accurate the speedo is,most concerned with performance down low for boon docking.Over 200 miles and no belt or heat issues(tool kit still in) .Clutch kit on the way,that and the lower gear should get me out of the hole quicker.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theoretically The Speedo's Should Be Accurate, But Just Because They Are Digital Doesn't Mean Accuracy.... One Of The Magazines Did A Speedo Test On The '07 & '08's And None Of The Speedo's Were Even Within 5% Accurate. Just Like Vehicles, The Speedo's Are "roughly" Calibrated, But The Average Vehicle Is Between 3 - 5% Below The Actual Vehicle Speed... We Determine Speedo Accuracy On Vehicles On The Average Of 1 Per Week At Our Shop(usually Someone Trying To Fight A Rather Large Speeding Ticket In Court). Personally I Would Be More Concerned About An Accurate Tachometer On A Sled, Than An Accurate Speedometer(especially For Mountain Riding -- Ditchbangers & Lake Racers Might Want It The Other Way Around).......... Just My 2 Cents

Yah i never really thought about it in comparison to like vehicles.. But i know that the tach's read the same as a digitron, so they should be accurate.

newfiebullet

Reaction score
Thanks guys got plastic cover removed thinking of just going with 21 on top so as not to lose to much top end and i guess i need a smaller chain. also going to get screen kit just to get heat out of engine bay

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shop i work at can hook you up with a sweet screen kit. It's like 9 peice, people that have put them on havn't had a single belt issue..

Top Bottom