Restricted PAL

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has it been stretched out again? Used to be 700m going to 800. The last time I was there they reduced it to 300. If I am restricted to 300 I would rather use Sherwood park instead. Much nicer range

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has it been stretched out again? Used to be 700m going to 800. The last time I was there they reduced it to 300. If I am restricted to 300 I would rather use Sherwood park instead. Much nicer range

They are working on it.

Emt Worker

Reaction score
Yeah my ATT is super easy. Basically allows you free transport between your home and any gun range or licensed gun shop. I dont find it restricting at all. I guess under the old system you had to call the RCMP every single time you wanted to take the gun anywhere.

I have a mint Sig 9MM P226 that has only had around 10 boxes of shells put through it for sale. $600 for the gun, and then 10 boxes of ammo at $15/box if anyone is interested.

Do you still have the Sig for sale?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sold it right after I posted that. Very nice gun though if you are looking.

I wouldnt do another pistol again though myself. Not until gun laws change to where you can pack it when you are out hunting. Plinking at the range gets old in a hurry.

Emt Worker

Reaction score
It would be very nice to be able to carry one when I'm out bow hunting. Good to have a back up. It's easier to have one now then it was 10 years ago. Who knows 10 years from now. Thanks for your quick response.

hartattack

Reaction score
Do you still have the Sig for sale?

I challenged my restricted test for $40 with a licensed instructor. Read the book before hand and it only took an hour to write the test and do the practical exam. Then bought a pistol from canadaammo.com and they shipped it directly to my house. If you have land, shoot it there. Don't need transportation papers if only shooting on your property. Obviously this option wouldn't work for those living in the city.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get caught shooting at other than a licensed range, have some cash for a lawyer handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get caught shooting at other than a licensed range, have some cash for a lawyer handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta be real sneaky. Lol

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I challenged my restricted test for $40 with a licensed instructor. Read the book before hand and it only took an hour to write the test and do the practical exam. Then bought a pistol from canadaammo.com and they shipped it directly to my house. If you have land, shoot it there. Don't need transportation papers if only shooting on your property. Obviously this option wouldn't work for those living in the city.

You still need LTATT which is authorized by the provincial CFO, AND you need a current RANGE MEMBERSHIP to get a LTATT,.. PERIOD!! If you do not keep up your licensing they will confiscate your restricted firearms,.. reasoning is, if you are not using them at a range or shooting competitions you do not need them.

I suggest you read over the current firearms legislation,

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't keep up on my transport stuff. Never bothered so far. Better not be either. I purchased them all. They are my property.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damn your gun laws suck!!!!!!! i dont think i could give up my guns rights to live in canada.
And that is why the U.S. has the highest hand gun shooting's on this entire planet, they know what is best right.
I don't necessarly agree with our Canadian gun law's, ya they suck in certain way's. But i certainly don't believe in the American BS attitude on gun's either.

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great vid and i completely agree with the old fella's action's. An individual should have the ability and right to completely defend them self in the case of home invasion and possible injury or death.
I don't know what good gun law's would be and don't have any answer's other then our's in Canada are rediculous and in the U.S. the publics attitude to bare arm's have put them in the #1 spot in gun shooting's world wide. That's something they should be proud of, gold medalist in that department.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that is why the U.S. has the highest hand gun shooting's on this entire planet, they know what is best right.
I don't necessarly agree with our Canadian gun law's, ya they suck in certain way's. But i certainly don't believe in the American BS attitude on gun's either.

can u show me this fact please? what about how many ppl have saved there life/family's lifes from being able to own and carry a gun.

Great vid and i completely agree with the old fella's action's. An individual should have the ability and right to completely defend them self in the case of home invasion and possible injury or death.
I don't know what good gun law's would be and don't have any answer's other then our's in Canada are rediculous and in the U.S. the publics attitude to bare arm's have put them in the #1 spot in gun shooting's world wide. That's something they should be proud of, gold medalist in that department.

show me this fact also please

it wldnt matter if they had stricter gun laws or not.. taking guns out of the public wld just put the good ppl (that carry to protect family/self) in harms way of the bad guys. bad guys will find a way to have guns, no law will ever take care of that problem.. have yet to see a bad guy follow the law. lol

Top Bottom