Restricted PAL

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that does your non restricted should be able to get you the restricted

It's a real pita though if you want to ga anywhere with a pistol transport permits and all required.

But that's not going to help the situation at your brothers school any just calm down your going to far lol Jk.

Pistols are fun

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's a real pita though if you want to ga anywhere with a pistol transport permits and all required.

But that's not going to help the situation at your brothers school any just calm down your going to far lol Jk.

Pistols are fun

My brother is long graduated so that won't be a problem. You're thinking of someone else.

The guy who did my non restricted got shut down.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife did hers 5 years ago at P+D enterprises. Don't remember how much they charge but they do it once a month I think?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pistols are fun

Permits are easy to and from the range...

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I just did the course last nite here in GP at Primetime. I should have did it all at once but oh well. So now another $125 for the course and another $80 for the restricted application and a new PAL card. I must also join the local gun club ($300 a year) because after all that's the only place I can shoot it ... Legally. I will receive a transport permit for said range. Then I will decide on a hand gun, then another week of nessesary paperwork to register to owner and I will pic it up. Should be good to shoot by Christmas, lol.

The PAL and restricted course offered yesterday lasted 14 hours in total. The last 4 hours were for restricted. A very long day for some. This was also the last restricted course offered for the summer. If your serious about this you might be traveling who knows where for the course. A local gun shop should have the information you need.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why I tell anyone asking about getting their pal to get the rpal at the same time. It is a pain to get it afterwards as you have to jump through the hoops again. Even if you have no interest in a restricted at the time, you may later on in life.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Permits are easy to and from the range...

Yeah my ATT is super easy. Basically allows you free transport between your home and any gun range or licensed gun shop. I dont find it restricting at all. I guess under the old system you had to call the RCMP every single time you wanted to take the gun anywhere.

I have a mint Sig 9MM P226 that has only had around 10 boxes of shells put through it for sale. $600 for the gun, and then 10 boxes of ammo at $15/box if anyone is interested.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my ATT is super easy. Basically allows you free transport between your home and any gun range or licensed gun shop. I dont find it restricting at all. I guess under the old system you had to call the RCMP every single time you wanted to take the gun anywhere.

I have a mint Sig 9MM P226 that has only had around 10 boxes of shells put through it for sale. $600 for the gun, and then 10 boxes of ammo at $15/box if anyone is interested.

Your correct about the transport from home to any range.
Also a yearly range fee is not the expensive..

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
$300 for a range membership ?? Yikes. I have a membership for the one in Stettler. And it's $60 / year. Indoor and a outdoor one

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$300 for a range membership ?? Yikes. I have a membership for the one in Stettler. And it's $60 / year. Indoor and a outdoor one

CHAS is 100.00 I think and covers 2 ranges..one outdoor and one indoor.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a member of Sherwood park for 100 yr but then they capped the memberships last year and I had to join something quick. Phoenix is like 500 a yr. Chas is a pita to join now as you have to set up an appointment with someone. I ended up going with the place in the mall. Only shot there once though.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I should open a range in my backyard $$$$$$$$$$.
Special rate for s&m members even :)

Top Bottom