Rekluse

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started doing some research on a Rekluse clutch for my Husky450..

From what i understand: you shift gears as normal - the pro of the system is you set your engagement rpm similar to snowmobile clutch so when set rpm is hit the clutch engages automatically and you roll thru the gears as normal. K that part i get.

Part i don't get: if you are in 3rd gear on a trail and have to slow down quick or stop to jump a log or stone or something, when you left off the throttle does the clutch kick back out at the rpm setting so you don't stall the bike if you lug it down too far? From that point drop a gear or two and continue on your way?

Save me a lot of hassle from screwing around or stalling when on the tight trails..

Any experience or insight?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the rekluse on my crf450r and no stalling at all you can come to a stop in 5 th and it won't stall best thing I ever did to this bike

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one fault I found is that if you can't make it up a hill your bike won't stay put, it will want to roll backwards with the engine running or not (unless you give it throttle and "slip" the rekluse). downhill engine braking is normal, but backwards sucks. and no bump starting anymore

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas.. That would be nice, have to come to a stop and not worry about a stall or grabbing for the clutch handle.

Didn't consider rolling on the hills or bump start..

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new most expensive recluse retains clutch modulation, engine braking and supposedly bump starting which makes sense if it has compression braking.

If the bike free wheels at all, like a sled, a quick blip of the throttle and it engages.

One of the biggest pros of the rekluse is it allows you to ride a gear taller in many situations that you my stall the bike which can help for more technical terrain where you want to carry speed without spinning the tire. Obviously not stalling the bike is nice to. The. You can remove the clutch if you wanted and run a left hand rear brake too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of a good setup.. Ordered a rekluse for the ol' Husky 450.. I'll keep you posted on how it works.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a few bikes with a rekluse clutches, and they where awesome! And that was back in 2004-08 time period. I can only imagine that they have gotten better.

This might sound crazy but it's a sweet set up once you ride it. But take your clutch lever off and put your back brake up there where the clutch used to go! In the trails once you get used to that you won't ever want to go back.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a two stroke my personal preference is to keep the clutch lever as I can still build rpm while in a taller gear to lug it up snotty terrain. But yes having a rear brake on the bars is a nice feature.

Top Bottom