red deer suds buds campouts

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nill for OHV activity where we ended up, and a chance to hit frozen trails in sections along shaded areas with in the trees, not very many hunter/ Harvesters either.

Super weather and easier getting around then I thought.
Still the odd spots that are soft, but they too will tack up on the next cold spell,,, at least we can only hope.

Our adventures took us too slash and cut lines un touched all year, chain saws were blazing the downed trees. Little streams are totally restored from sizemic activities as the furry critters of the bush kept some paths open.

Beaverdam every where as well as Moose, rabbits, and grouse. No sign of bear tracks, but if warm temps remain, then they will be on the move.

Reporting from cabin on wheels Lem

oldrzr

Reaction score
Glad your having a good time there. Just closing up the motorhome for the season just south of Whitecourt and yesterday my son and i took a ride on the quad and sxs. had to turn back on the trails it was SO wet here I can't believe it. The one trail we just walked thru it this summer but now it was almost unpassable. Side roads are a mess as well. God luck to the people trying to make a living up here including my son. Have a good one wherever you are and be safe

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good winter too you to oldrazor, glad to hear folks at least got the chance for a ride.

I heard from my pal up in GP that some areas are pretty wet, we had nice weather on Saterday.

Temps were in the 13 to 17c, not so for today as it was light showers till afternoon, but was good going after that.

We toured along a river spotting beaver dams, then I ended up sagging the skid plate and broke a corner chunk out of it,,, so full wash and tear down.

More for the skid plate repair or replace, Ha.

Time has come for the 5000 km service Any-who, then get the tracks going.

It will be a learning curve, but I'm looking forward to seeing where not too go with them, extra get un-stuck rigging is a for-sure.

I too hope that all enjoy what ever comes along for our adventures as the 2016 year closes in, perhaps this allows us too plan ahead for more rides for these season or next.

Report from wet riding gear and broken skid plate of good times. LOL

Boy are my riding glasses ever fogged upper.

Don

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the foggy glasses has led don down a few lost in the bush trails a time or two ! ha

any good hunting out there yet.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, it has been called the most dangerous race in the world? no idea! it sure looks outta my league, way way out. lots of crashes every year. i used to go to mossport and watch the bike races, WOW is all i can say, they are moving.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Netflix there's a documentary on bike racing, it follows the Dunlop family it's a good movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya lots of memories, way to many close calls, got out of bikes back in 77, (still have a couple in the shop), got into dirt bikes to keep the thrill of speed and my DL. had a few can-ams. honda's etc. i could never seem to go fast enough, got back into street bikes again kawasaki H2's. still love the sound and smell of a good 2 stroke. :twocents:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camo or Camel, Ha

2 humper goes exta far with dual tank.

This is the Suds Buds African desert thread isn't it ???

Top Bottom