Rear suspension holes????

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for advise! Pros and Cons!! What is the better set up for mountain riding!! The upper or lower hole in the rear suspension? Looking for little less ski pressure, sled is a 2009 M1000. Thanks.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The upper hole in the rear drop bracket will give you less ski pressure. If you want really light ski pressure, look inside the tunnel at the front mount hole, there is a second hole that can be drilled out just below the stock hole. Bolt in there and you will not be able to keep the skis down! I have them in the lower holes in front and back. Good for boondocking but notthe best for climbing climbing IMO. Also makes the sled tippy in harder snow conditions. Start with the stock holes and go from there. You can also increase spring pressure in front shock of rear skid. Just remember everytime you change something, you effect something else ... usually for the worse.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks stormtrooper. Instead of lowering the front mount and drilling the tunnel, my mechanic took the front skid shock out and drilled a hole one inch closer to the front. Said it has the same affect makes limiter longer. He has done it to several 1000. He also lowered the rear hole location to the lower hole which last year I ran in the upper hole. Mostly boondocking in tress with some nice steep pulls through the trees all in the mountains no flat land riding.. Looks like I have the same set up as you so Hope I like it. Just want less ski pressure in the front. Also just put on the 8 inch sly dog skis but have not been out to try the set up. I was going to put the rear back into the upper hole but maybe I will leave it for now. My fear is that I will now trench or tunnel the rear end. I keep the back shock at 150 psi all the time as I am 6'3 and 245. Thanks

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks stormtrooper. Instead of lowering the front mount and drilling the tunnel, my mechanic took the front skid shock out and drilled a hole one inch closer to the front. Said it has the same affect makes limiter longer. He has done it to several 1000. He also lowered the rear hole location to the lower hole which last year I ran in the upper hole. Mostly boondocking in tress with some nice steep pulls through the trees all in the mountains no flat land riding.. Looks like I have the same set up as you so Hope I like it. Just want less ski pressure in the front. Also just put on the 8 inch sly dog skis but have not been out to try the set up. I was going to put the rear back into the upper hole but maybe I will leave it for now. My fear is that I will now trench or tunnel the rear end. I keep the back shock at 150 psi all the time as I am 6'3 and 245. Thanks

you really want to be careful with that approach. You should install an anti-stab kit if your lengthening the limiter straps. would be a shame to stab your track when your out in the back country.

Top Bottom