Rear Brake light issue?

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soo after wiring up the new spark plug wires, I'm gonna try and look into why my rear brake light won't work. Picked up the sled used about a month and a half ago, and just been going though it picking though all the little issues and problems. The rear brake light works, but when you apply the brake lever the light doesn't get any brighter. I checked the micro switch at the brake lever and the two wires were just jammed in there with some rtv it seems. I installed the new micro switch i picked up at the dealer and installed it. Without hard wiring it in, it doesn't seem to be doing the job. Should i get a hold of the previous owner and ask him? or can anyone give me any ideas on where to start looking? My sled is a 2003 Summit 800HO w/rer.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Check the bulb. Those are a two filament bulb.

Pain in the as to get in and out.

Screws for the brake light assembly are under the tunnel

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i checked the bulb.. pulled it out and looked ok. Still the same even with the switch disconnected.. so honestly i don't think its the bulb.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Make sure to check it with an OHM meter or just replace bulb with new one.

Continuity check from back socket to switch or do voltage check. I will check and see if I have a wiring diagram for yah!

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks! I just ordered my shop manual yesterday, but won't be in till mid-week. I think i will end up just leaving it for now, and dealing with it in the new year. haha.

Top Bottom