Ready to ride sled "weight" video

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one has tried this stuff yet?

NanoTech Coatings - Metal Coating

I ordered a couple jugs, one for plastic and one for metal.

I tried a very similar product. It doesnt work. It seemed to for a ride or two, but then it didnt. Plus it really looked like crap and comes off very easily.

It would be nice to find a product that helps to shed snow though. Ive heard of some using PAM cooking spray? Others have said silicone spray works well. I wonder if it is possible for them to incorporate teflon into wrap material?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta think has ski doo or polaris made a video like this??. if anyone knows if they did post the video. its identical to the AC video last season.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact the pro piles up more snow on the tunnel then the xm or arctic cats and i think as well as all my riding buddies that it was to do with the aluminum tunnels compared to the powder coated ones of the competitor. Now 124 pounds worth? i don't know about that lol

will have to watch and see if there is less snow on the 15"s as the tunnel and rails are now coated.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried a very similar product. It doesnt work. It seemed to for a ride or two, but then it didnt. Plus it really looked like crap and comes off very easily.

It would be nice to find a product that helps to shed snow though. Ive heard of some using PAM cooking spray? Others have said silicone spray works well. I wonder if it is possible for them to incorporate teflon into wrap material?
this stuff is claimed to stick on like paint, and not wear off from abrasion like other non stick products on the market. it is $300/gallon

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Yamahahahah should be embarassed by this propoganda.

Whern I ride and pull up to the cabins here and look at the sleds parked there is pretty much three brands of 800 two stroke. Typicaly there are more ski doos then the other two combined.
Once in a while you see one or two Yamahas. Just what I see and I think that tells the real story.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this stuff is claimed to stick on like paint, and not wear off from abrasion like other non stick products on the market. it is $300/gallon

Thats exactly what they told me too. :rolleyes: It was expensive as well.

Bushwagon

Reaction score
I ride a Pro, and most guys in my group do too. They do hold a lot of snow, especially at the back of the running boards where the brace connects to the tunnel. But do they really carry that much more snow? I don't know about that. Buddies XM feels just as heavy as a PRO when you're yanking it out of a 4ft hole.

After all the time I've spent on the pro, I find it hard to wheel the XM around. My buddy can turn and burn his XM and make it through the trees even better than me.

Point I'm making, it's the rider that makes the difference. All the sleds pile up with snow and get heavy, just ride what you feel most comfortable on.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They even had wet snow packed into the A-arms of the pro. When do you ever see that. And the amount they had piled on the skis and in the rear skid was just ridiculous.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny you are all discussing the weight but not looking at the HP losses at elevation. I wouldn't be concerned if a machine got heavier but concerned if it had the power to get around.

Lman

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta think has ski doo or polaris made a video like this??. if anyone knows if they did post the video. its identical to the AC video last season.

I bet if they made a video the results would be 180deg difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat night, we all left our sleds on the truck and trailer overnight, 4 sleds - 2 sleds tarped, 2 untarped. Rained a good chunk of the night, all sleds exposed to the same elements, all sleds rode the same sloppy trail back to the truck before loading. No one cleaned their sleds off. My buddies untarped Doo was the only one we had to chip snow/ice out of the skid on Sunday morning. That to me says he's holding more snow in there than the other 2 brands that were on the truck/trailer. Just a real world observation, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong because you weren't there.

If you think the vid is fake, I challenge you to make one of your own to prove them wrong. we all know its easier to talk sh!t on the internet than to back it up on the hill.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the folks who think the video is bogus, maybe there is a reason they (other brands) are not making video like this...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That video is obviously a set up with the snow pack. That guy from Snowest magazine needs a kick in the balls. Sit there and lie through his teeth. He doesn't even know what to say. Smartest thing he said was if it gets you where you want to go, who cares. Lol!

This sounds like every review on a Yamaha product or shoot out winner in Dirt Wheels magazine. Yamaha wins every shoot out in that mag whether it's dirt bike or quad. I wonder how much Yamaha pays these magazines to win?

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
there has been the same vid about the cat 800.....and I can honestly say my sno pro doesn't hold a hold much for snow except for the very back of the running boards.

that said I don't see how all the snow on the skis and in the a-arms is there but not on the viper.... the one they did for the m8 looked a lot less bias and set up than this one. and it was done by artic cat

Arctic Cat Weight Test - YouTube

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny you are all discussing the weight but not looking at the HP losses at elevation. I wouldn't be concerned if a machine got heavier but concerned if it had the power to get around.

Lman

Yeah and it's funny how you seem to ignore that Yamaha is the only one with a turbo.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the only one that found it funny to see the sled they weighed had no snow on the tunnel and yet when ryan was sitting on the black viper and the camera panned around the orange and blue viper had way more snow packed on it then the balck one. ha ha, should have swept both sleds off for that scene.

Top Bottom