RCMP took guns from High River homes.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that man not as hard as guys think. 3 hots and a cot. No work schedule no bills
Don't own anything, no money, gotta worry about being azz raped.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that man not as hard as guys think. 3 hots and a cot. No work schedule no bills
Don't own anything, no money, gotta worry about being azz raped.

Dont know if id be bragging personally. And if ya brag its cuz you were in Minimum :) and there is no azz raping in Provincial or Federal around here....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just kidding man not as bad as it should be is what i was trying to say. Our jail system should be more like that of china or Russia etc might make some of these idiots think before they act

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did this thread get derailed ?

Last page was all about law suits, smashed in doors, cops stealing guns and bodies stacked up like cord wood...WTF! The news doesn't have any of that good drama either.

LMNB

Reaction score
The RCMP and city cops are now Canada's biggest organized crime ring next to politicians.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant comment on much of this other then my heart goes out to all those that are dealing with this mess....

Out of this I finally have something good to say about the County of Strathcona, a friend of my kids works for the County and they sent him and a loader to High River to do clean up...thumbs up to the County.

And to the residentence of the County that took the time to send a message to the clean up crew's hats off to them....

Attachments

• High River.jpg
    High River.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 238

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am quite positive that the return of the people's firearms are on the lower level of priority.

Many houses are destroyed, basically a whole town is a bulldozer site. Many of the people's world are in shambles. It takes just one guy to go postal and get pissed off with some arsehole who knocks on his door/ This is a delicate situation, which I am glad that I am not in.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that if the town is in as bad of shape as some say,that emotions and tempers may
be close to the breaking point for some of the people involved.
But that still gives NO-ONE the right to enter someones home and take their property.
Because of the "war on terror" american's are loosing their right's one by one on a daily basis.
So,we should go down that road too? What's next, going to the bar for a drink and being arrested
at the table because you have car key's in your pocket?
Whoever high up in the ranks that made this decision to remove a persons property from their home
without their consent ,should be fired and stand before a court of law.Good intentions or bad, it don't
matter to me.What they did was wrong.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day. I know that is hard for an ol' fart to doo properly at least in some people's minds...........:D

But enyways, I was thinking that if my house was flooding and filling up with water fast and I knew I had to evacuate, I'd be down the basement bringing my guns up so they wouldn't be getting wet and damaged. I would think the chesterfield or the armchair would be a safe place for them. The water wouldn't get that high, would it?

I'm also thinking there were a lot of people thinking the same way in High River and that is why there were so many guns "laying around". Due to the present gun storage laws, many might even have their lock-up cabinet in the basement for out-of-sight-out-of-mind security. It wasn't for any other reason, period!

The only thing that would p*ss me off about the charges being laid would be the fact that the guy who gave the order would only be suspended (with full pay) until it would be finished in the courts. We all know how long that would take and that sucker would be double-dipping for all those years.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally the RCMP have confessed to taking firearms that where secured with trigger locks, they had no business taking these as they where secured. They said the only took firearms that where not secured properly which turned out to be a lie. Is lying to the public a crime as well?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally the RCMP have confessed to taking firearms that where secured with trigger locks, they had no business taking these as they where secured. They said the only took firearms that where not secured properly which turned out to be a lie. Is lying to the public a crime as well?

If lying to the public were a crime all law enforcement officers and government officials would be locked up.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A firearm with a trigger lock is not " secured " it needs to be in a locked room or cabinet where the only person(s) that have access to it are legally allowed to own that class of firearm. it doesn't necessarily need to be in a safe, it could actually be in a locked closet. In the case of restricted firearms they need to be trigger locked and locked in a secure place and its ammunition stored seperately.
I wasn't there so I have no idea where they found the guns but any of the individuals that had their firearms in plain sight or improperly stored are very lucky not to be charged with improper storage and have the opportunity to actually get them back.
I didn't see any mention of people reporting that their gun safe had been removed by the RCMP

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A firearm with a trigger lock is not " secured " it needs to be in a locked room or cabinet where the only person(s) that have access to it are legally allowed to own that class of firearm. it doesn't necessarily need to be in a safe, it could actually be in a locked closet. In the case of restricted firearms they need to be trigger locked and locked in a secure place and its ammunition stored seperately.
I wasn't there so I have no idea where they found the guns but any of the individuals that had their firearms in plain sight or improperly stored are very lucky not to be charged with improper storage and have the opportunity to actually get them back.
I didn't see any mention of people reporting that their gun safe had been removed by the RCMP

Some one who isn't me leaves their 12 gauge with shells in the tube. Never know when coyotes are gonna try and eat your dog. Already happened once

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some one who isn't me leaves their 12 gauge with shells in the tube. Never know when coyotes are gonna try and eat your dog. Already happened once

As an acreage dweller, I know this is a fairly common practice. Leaving them in that state when not home or after being asked to evacuate due to flooding would be a completely different issue.

I like the sign that says " this property is protected by a loaded shotgun 3 days a week, you guess which 3 "

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wrong, secure locking device OR "cabinet" that is "difficult" to break into.

Storing, Transporting and Displaying Firearms - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In any case this was a rushed evacuation, and they where trying to protected their valuable firearms as best they could. I could just imagine the care the police took when the illegally ceased them. When they say gain entry what does that mean?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In any case this was a rushed evacuation, and they where trying to protected their valuable firearms as best they could. I could just imagine the care the police took when the illegally ceased them. When they say gain entry what does that mean?
they kick doors in as they were making sure no one was trapped or dead inside, and if they didnt people would complain that they didnt care and left them to die so either way they cant win in your eyes

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they kick doors in as they were making sure no one was trapped or dead inside, and if they didnt people would complain that they didnt care and left them to die so either way they cant win in your eyes

I disagree with this statement. My Dad's neighborhood was not flooded. His house only had sewer back up and there were home's across the street that had no back up at all. The cops and soldiers marched down this street that was bone dry and forced the doors open, went in for inspection. The media say they only went into 4500 homes. Does that mean they only went into the homes that were not flooded? If they truly were looking for people that might me trapped in their homes they would have gone into all the homes and particular the ones that were flooded, not the easy to get to ones. IMO of course.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now we get to the bottom of it, the houses that where not flooded people wanted to return to. RCMP paranoia disarmed these houses thinking people are bad.....who was the bad ones? The person running this show lacked so much common sense that he or she should be replaced immediately before more crap like this happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom