RCMP ticketing RMH Falls Creek trails

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
somedays!!

reading that and understanding it? money won't help the problem lol. thanks for the laugh!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the road is off limits as well as any entry into the creek itself as far as I know. not worth getting caught in there, I have heard the area is being monitored with camera's.

used to be a real nice place, now more like an atomic wasteland, the view definitely not worth the fine or the mandatory court appearance. will be a federal offence if caught in the creek.

I spoke to a Rocky Mountain House RCMP yesterday and asked about Sunpine Road and the quad trail.

2 different things. Road use and a quad trail.

I wanted an answer that was not hear say or I think that is the answer. As we see a lot of that on here.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quad trail is ok to be on then? what about in the creek

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a Rocky Mountain House RCMP yesterday and asked about Sunpine Road and the quad trail.

I wanted an answer that was not hear say or I think that is the answer. As we see a lot of that on here.

I got my road use agreement yesterday for the trapline.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so what was the official word? we used to ride from there up to outwest... can one still venture from outwest down that way to the falls

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't be on road, stay out of creek!

Best idea is make the call yourself, then u know for sure!

Bull trout stream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meggamass

Reaction score
All good BUT what are we wrecking now that we never 100 years ago? Just curious is all....

I do know there are the morons who litter etc and that makes it tough on the rest of us respectable riders...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would have to take that up with srd, Stay off road, stay out of creek, are the restrictions i have been told

Get caught, Hear it is a $1500 fine plus court appearance, be nice to judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A backcountry "gravel road" does usually not allow for public access - motorized - if these are located behind locked gates or behind signs indicating not-for-public-access. These are "L.O.C." roads (License of Occupation), constructed by (usually) an industry company (forestry, oil & gas, or mining normally) and have "liability" to those companies attached to them. To negate liability to the company, they gate and post them - legally. To negate motorized access (of any kind), the Government of Alberta enforces the law(s) that legalize the L.O.C. road and its' attached non-access for any motorized transport. Hike and horse them all you want, but the whole point of the laws, as I know them now, is that they are meant to keep motorized travel on them to zero.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all you NDP voters....this is just the beginning !!!
put mulc$&t in and then you will see a total shutdown....
Has nothing to do with NDP voters....even though most of us identify environmentalists with that party.

This has been coming for a long time. There are a large number of people who OHV that do not like to see the backcountry destroyed (AOHVA included) by irresponsible riding. The fact alone that it appears the manufacturers condone off trail riding is not good, IMO. I am all for enjoying the outdoors on an OHV, just responsibly (ie. not mud bogging/riding, do that on your own private land).

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mclean creek, bighorn Dam, all the pluz area's, presently rig street area is getting setup for it, ask any hiker he may be able to tell ya!!!
icon10.gif

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some area's have trails designated for atv - SxS's - dirt bkes- sleds - truck use only. Mclean creek is the one I am familiar with. no idea If you will get fined if being on wrong trail? but they will if they catch you in the park, or on the main road or in the BOW

Last edited:

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is off trail riding ...??
This is a great question!

Currently, it appears "trail riding" - to AEP - is a combination of government recognized "designated trail systems" and "historical trail systems" that are used and have been around for a long time. Officially they will tell you they are the recognized trails within P.L.U.Z.'s (Public Land Use Zones) - available on government maps. Then - it seems - there is a "second layer" where the local AEP/C.O./Forestry Officer administer all other trails. If there is no large environmental damage (especially with this current government), OHV'ers are allowed to continue to use "non-government-designated" trails. If a watershed group - as they seem to advise the minister directly - or any specific environmental group does not raise a ruckus, all is good.

I believe it is a matter of time, as they address one area then another within Alberta, that there will be an larger and larger environmentalist group presence coming to "your" area.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice to see the RCMP and ESRD visit our lunch stop.

We got to ask some questions about trails and creeks Etc.

Great they came for a visit.

Very positive answers about trails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom