Random Pictures Thread

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Train load headed south, wonder why our lumber is so expensive when 70% goes stateside.

Attachments

• 2BEE53AD-CAF1-4940-9269-7168F86F0540.jpg
    2BEE53AD-CAF1-4940-9269-7168F86F0540.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 327

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Train load headed south, wonder why our lumber is so expensive when 70% goes stateside.

Supply & demand.... companies will sell to the highest bidder for maximum revenue/profit.... Same reason oil is produced here but is still spendy, we get cheaper end product but only because transportation costs are limited otherwise commodities are priced on world markets and the only borders are currency exchange & tariffs. I do think that forestry producers are gouging right now but they can only gouge if someone is willing to buy, if demand were to drop so would the price accordingly. I'm guessing/hoping lumber products come down and level off by next summer, I'm putting off projects.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thankful to get my 2x4x8 @5.20 a few months back ( although I still felt gouged ) because now they are around 10$ . Scary pricing now for anything made from wood.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

should be more headed south. One of the very few manufactured and refined products that Canada actually exports. Usually just raw product going south. This is the same the patch sending refined gasoline and diesel to the USofA , rather than crude oil.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supply & demand.... companies will sell to the highest bidder for maximum revenue/profit.... Same reason oil is produced here but is still spendy, we get cheaper end product but only because transportation costs are limited otherwise commodities are priced on world markets and the only borders are currency exchange & tariffs. I do think that forestry producers are gouging right now but they can only gouge if someone is willing to buy, if demand were to drop so would the price accordingly. I'm guessing/hoping lumber products come down and level off by next summer, I'm putting off projects.

Some of it may come back to bite them in the a$$ as many people are using alternatives for wood, and in some cases might find better solutions and not go back to wood. If I could do it over i'd go with trex instead for deck, can build a shop out of metal, etc. I hope the demand tanks and they end up with massive stockpiles and wood gets cheaper then ever to even out the record profits they are making right now.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of it may come back to bite them in the a$$ as many people are using alternatives for wood, and in some cases might find better solutions and not go back to wood. If I could do it over i'd go with trex instead for deck, can build a shop out of metal, etc. I hope the demand tanks and they end up with massive stockpiles and wood gets cheaper then ever to even out the record profits they are making right now.

Yeah, they should refuse to accept the market based pricing and sell cheaper just because they are nice guys. I guess us forestry guys out in BC are no different, we hope the price of oil drops to a 1.00 a barrel to save us some money.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point ST but $100 barrel of oil isn't helpful for the economy overall. It has driven inflation in equipment prices and in the long run made some projects unattractive. Pendulum swings one way then another it seems....

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet Western select oil trades at a discount to wti... who’d think lol. Hmm if we only had a pipeline south...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
3d95d95f99bd2a6af6c3fbef8b50703b.jpg

I thought my truck was lifted till I pulled up beside this thing.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
737 200. They sure smoke taking off
a818639257be2a577038d7d1f0e237d5.jpg

Buddy took picture today

Top Bottom