Random Pictures Thread

Greg5658

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with ferncos if they're installed correctly, we use them all the time. Looks to me like the pipe inlet wasn't bedded to the bottom of the excavation with sand so the dirt settled and forced the pipe down and pulled it out of the inlet. An easy prevention is to stick the pipe a few inches into the tank so the wall of the tank helps support the pipe.

Crappy install job when you use a fernco coupling.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Low tide at Aspen beach at Gull Lake.

Attachments

• D30A6C6F-D900-4FFC-9B4B-3B2173D04FA3.jpg
    D30A6C6F-D900-4FFC-9B4B-3B2173D04FA3.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 341

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with ferncos if they're installed correctly, we use them all the time. Looks to me like the pipe inlet wasn't bedded to the bottom of the excavation with sand so the dirt settled and forced the pipe down and pulled it out of the inlet. An easy prevention is to stick the pipe a few inches into the tank so the wall of the tank helps support the pipe.

Agree 100%. Nothing is going to work perfectly if not installed properly. However in that case sticking the pipe further in would just mean it would collapse the pipe eventually. I just fixed one last week where the SDR came through foundation wall, but it pretty much sheared pipe off outside wall as dirt settled so much below it and that was 6" pipe. Use ferncos all the time, never any problems. If they are garbage, i'd be curious to know how to connect SDR to cast because i've never seen it done any other way.

Top Bottom