Random Campers

rancher

Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder make sure your camp fire is dosed with water before you leave! We were heading back to OutWest Sunday afternoon when the wind got up. Stop and dumped water on two campfires that had started back up in the wind. Good thing we carry lots of water(drive a brute so have to carry water to clean rad ):nono:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We had to take care of a couple of firepits also yesterday south of Hinton. One fire had a large pile of ice dumped out of a cooler not 10 feet from the firepit. It would of been easy for them just to dump it into the fire and put out the logs. Ice worked for us. Garbage also a issue. If you break a chair take it home and dispose of it right don`t just leave it back at your site. Some sites are very clean thanks for the care others are not.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also like to comment on some of the random bush campsites. Everytime I pull into one there is always garbage and stuff left behind. Now how hard is it to clean up before a person leaves. I always spend a good afternoon cleaning up someone else's mess. I always leave a bush site in better shape than I found it. I always pack a rake in the trailer so I can leave a nicely cleaned site with a nicely stack pile of wood for the next person to enjoy. I wish more people would take the hint...

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny thing is you cant label one group or the other...a couple of weeks ago at Southfork there was a large group of 20 somethings partying,shooting off fireworks loud music...they shutter down early and when they all left on the Sunday i walked over and could'nt believe my eyes..they even shoveled out the fire pit and there was no sign of them ever being there..this weekend same place the kids that were partying there left there area looking like a dump..beer cans fresh wood in the fire pit...i guess each family raises there kids to different values...i agree leave it better than you found it or soon there will be none to be found...see ya on the trail:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Even in the parks it's bad sometimes last weekend at the wabamun day use area a family was having a picknic when I left on the boat...came back and there was fire still going garbage everywhere ect......

Someone had punctured a hole in their 3 man tube and rather than dispose of it in the garbage they threw it on shore and left it...... not gonna complain about that one because $1.99 for a tube repair kit and I have myself a $500 3 man tube, I used the 3 day rule....still there after 3 days I'll gladly clean it up......., but in principal it's wrong

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gforce raises an interesting point. You sure as hell can't narrow it down to one demographic. I am a male in my twenties. I fit the description he mentioned (music, beer etc) but myself and my friends pride ourselves on packing out AT LEAST what we had brought in. It is often enough we are forced to pack out other peoples stuff that it gets frustrating, but what can we do? Someone needs to clean up.

The thing that pisses me off most is when we hike into a spot. It is enough work to pack in all the gear (and maybe a six pack) but to have to pack out someone elses garbage because they will carry it in, but not out, drives me nuts.

If someone can't even clean up their site when they have a vehicle their, they are people I would rather never hang out with. I mean damn, you showed up in a truck, throw your empties in the bed. Rocket science it is not. I see families pulling this one occassionally, which is a bummer, as their kids will assume thats how a campsite is left, which is totally not the case.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we pulled into a provincial campsite southeast of calgary couple had been there for a week let there large dog (small horse) to ch!t all over the campsite we were 2 stalls over the piles were disgusting complained very loud and the jerks packed up and left we had to leave the smell was to much cans and paper i can pickup but your dog ch!t NO

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems to be getting worse all the time, people have a blatant disregard for others. no demographic is immune, look at the highways, around town, any park etc. garbage strewn everywhere. how can house furniture just fall out of a truck? lazy azz's dumping loads of garbage in ditches, saving $5 -10 for dumping fee's. i feel the justice system is at fault, way to lenient, catch these a-- and make them clean the mess up and a little more

Top Bottom