Radio Turns on After Truck Shut Off

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help. I have a 2004 Ford F350 with the standard radio, but aftermarket command start. When I shut the truck off, take the key out, and close the door, everything powers down and shuts off as normal. I wait about 10 seconds and the gagues power up and the radio turns on. You have to actually start the truck to get them to turn back off. Then the cycle will happen over and over again. After about the fourth or fifth try, it finally turned off yesterday.

Anyone ever experienced this? Problem with the command start, or the truck?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I would try shuting the command start off,either by the fuse or the toggle switchand see what happens then.Is it a cheap command start?

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be the power saver relay (an ironic name when it causes trouble).

Something might be triggering it, either the way the starter was wired in or some other problem not related to the starter. In my 06 cube van, it turned out to be the instrement cluster that was turning the power saver relay back on for example.

If you can find your power saver relay, try pulling it out and see if it still does this. It's probably not in the fuse pannel or power distrubution module, mine was in a 2 relay box located near the radio (2 power savers, one for the radio, one for the interior light). But mine is a 06 cube van, I have know idea where yours would be.

If pulling it out helps, you might have to trouble shoot what is triggering it.

Hope this helps.

M

mod900

it could be your body control module have moisture in it or your door switch which controls the interior lights on and off. happened to me which was the body control module.They replaced it.

plastictits

Reaction score
it has never happened to me, so I am no help at all to you! But thanks for asking for my thoughts.
I have on the other hand been to Leduc before, now if you would like to here about that wonderfull day I spent there just PM and will give all the wonderfull details of the fabulous day I spent there.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it has never happened to me, so I am no help at all to you! But thanks for asking for my thoughts.
I have on the other hand been to Leduc before, now if you would like to here about that wonderfull day I spent there just PM and will give all the wonderfull details of the fabulous day I spent there.

did you grow up by a glue factory ?? possibly painting without the proper carbon mask ??:d

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it a crappy compu star. i have one on my truck and when i lock my doors the interior and marker and cargo lights flash... so i have to cary my factory remote to lock the doors. i have taken it in i dont know how many times i've had it in.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be the cheap compu star thing. a guy i no just bought a used truck with one and you can't use it between 2 and 5 pm. it won't start the truck for some reason. and its not one of those programmable ones where you can set the time to turn it on and off.

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
It is a compustar but it was the high end one (not sure if they are all crap).

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All your problems are being caused by the command start. Whoever installed it more than likely did a butcher and hack job on the wiring and install. To be properly installed all wiring connections "have to be" soldered and shielded with heat shrink. The quick strip the wire and connect w/ crimp connectors works for a bit till moisture gets at things and stuff starts to corrode, from there current will start to jump between any exposed wires. Maybe at this point things blow a fuse or two, check engine light flashes or vehicle just dies while driving down the road or careful....an electrical fire starts under the dash and there you are stranded somewhere between home and a sledding destination frantically trying to get a trailer unhooked and gear out of a burning truck.
Good luck with it and hopefully it doesn't get worse......wiring and electrical problems are a real nightmare

Last edited:
Top Bottom