Quebec Snomobilers receiving Federal Funding!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this pic comes out well enough to read! How come we dont get this kind of funding!!!!

Attachments

• 2011-03-15 11.18.34.jpg
    2011-03-15 11.18.34.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 355

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does suck that we dont get anything out here, but if you ever have a chance to ride in Quebec go. One of the best trail system in Canada, there trails are like higways.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email to my MP asking when we can expect funding for Alberta?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
it does suck that we dont get anything out here, but if you ever have a chance to ride in quebec go. one of the best trail system in canada, there trails are like higways.

and if we had federal money like they doo, we'd have highways for sled trails too........ Probably have the nicest hockey arena as well!!! And probably be holding expo, like the city wanted!!! Friggin' politicians!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I love whining about Quebec and hate this government, Our club spent close to half a million $ of federal money last year developing new trails. Quebecers aint the only folk at the trough. Fill out the paperwork and maybe you'll get federal funds too. Alberta beach club had a bunch of infrastructure at their disposal too, if I remember correctly.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I love whining about Quebec and hate this government, Our club spent close to half a million $ of federal money last year developing new trails. Quebecers aint the only folk at the trough. Fill out the paperwork and maybe you'll get federal funds too. Alberta beach club had a bunch of infrastructure at their disposal too, if I remember correctly.

and the crowsnest pass's new groomer was partially funded as well

IG650

Reaction score
Election coming???

Business as usual....election or not.

Funds under Federal Grant programmes are available to applicants across the country.

The Press knows that mentioning Quebec receiving money
will get a rise in the west, so they play to their audience.:)

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does suck that we dont get anything out here, but if you ever have a chance to ride in Quebec go. One of the best trail system in Canada, there trails are like higways.

Not a huge fan of trail riding personally...Just the means to my end (the steep and deep!:d)
But ohhhh the cabin upgrades and trail mait. we could get from nice funding like that! Could bring us a bit more good media too, people seeing money going towards it...should turn a few heads...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
as much as i love whining about quebec and hate this government, our club spent close to half a million $ of federal money last year developing new trails. Quebecers aint the only folk at the trough. Fill out the paperwork and maybe you'll get federal funds too. Alberta beach club had a bunch of infrastructure at their disposal too, if i remember correctly.

did you get federal, or provincial grants?? Or both???

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quebec has been consistantly the worst run province in Canada for many decades. They have the highest unemployment rates and the highest percentage of people on social programs. Every year they go into the hole even more. The thing that bothers me the most is that they are always screaming for more money and then threaten to seperate from Canada if the feds don't give them what they want.

I say let them seperate but with some conditions. They have to take their share of the national debt and that they start their own monetary system and not share our Canadian dollar any longer. Unfortunately this will never happen but if it did they would sure be in for a rude awakening...many of them would actually have to get off their butts and have to work for a living. Sadly, we will continue to subsidize them until all the provinces are broke.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quebec has been consistantly the worst run province in Canada for many decades. They have the highest unemployment rates and the highest percentage of people on social programs. Every year they go into the hole even more. The thing that bothers me the most is that they are always screaming for more money and then threaten to seperate from Canada if the feds don't give them what they want.

I say let them seperate but with some conditions. They have to take their share of the national debt and that they start their own monetary system and not share our Canadian dollar any longer. Unfortunately this will never happen but if it did they would sure be in for a rude awakening...many of them would actually have to get off their butts and have to work for a living. Sadly, we will continue to subsidize them until all the provinces are broke.

...this just makes me further depressed that THEY get money for sledding...sigh...

IG650

Reaction score
They remind me of children having a tantrum with their threats. Only in Canada, we allow a party to exist that would rip the country apart, probably even fund them.

Federally I like the Conservatives, can't see why anyone in Alberta wouldn't. Has anyone brought up The Liberals and Trudeau yet?:)

The thing that bothers me the most is that they are always screaming for more money and then threaten to seperate from Canada if the feds don't give them what they want.

I say let them seperate but with some conditions. They have to take their share of the national debt and that they start their own monetary system and not share our Canadian dollar any longer.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you get federal, or provincial grants?? Or both???

Both
Our treasurer and secretary are very well versed in the art of finding and filling out government funding applications. There were thousands in ASA trail maintenance and development funds that go unspent because no-one applied for them as well. (not sure if that is still the case)

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see both sides of the discussion come out. We all love to hate the East for any possible reason but you do have to see that the media wants to sell. If they get a rise out of you for a perceived slight all the better. I am from NS and we don't care much for central Canada either. :cool:

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate to live in many places across Canada...I loved them all. I don't have a problem with East vs West, just the poor unfair political adgendas that the Quebec government practices...especially when they are the worst run province. If they pulled up their socks and were not such a scurge on our monetary system then I would not be so mad. If any one group should deserve special treatment in my mind it would be the first nations people...not just because you live in Quebec and believe that you are better than the rest of Canada and should have your own sovereign nation.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The funding does not surprise me. Sledding in Quebec and Ontario is larger than it will ever be in the West. Keep in mind that Edmonton wanted huge Federal funding for a stupid Expo and a stupid hockey area for a team that is not worth chit. Both Edmonton and Quebec City had their area dreams shot down and for good reasons.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah.. But if they are like highways im guessing theres a speed limit???:nono: Like 40km/h. Would be amazing scenery,:eek: but im happy going 75km/h for a cruising speed on the iron horse. :d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The GBCA has just applied for federal funding as well. As we are a pretty big deal I'm sure we will be able to get our official drink at cost. :beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom