Quad Cab Vs. Mega Cab

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had Ford crew cabs, both long box and short, and a Dodge quad cab dually longbox, and several other misc. trucks. More times than not, we will take the wifes van when we go somewhere, so back seat room really isn't too big of an issue. When we need lots of space, we just take the Freightliner, it has a 72" condo sleeper with a wrap around lounge. I just want a nice little run around truck. I am definatley leaning more towards the quad cab. The Mega cabs are awesome, but maybe a little more than I need.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got QC and love it, lots of room for kids in the back. If your carring a truck load of adults i wouldn't recommend long trips though.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys were to read he wants to downsize to a 1/2 not a 3/4 2500 or one ton 3500.

1/2ton are IFS and not a SOLID axle, 1500 MC, 2500 QC are solid axle, 1500 built off the 2500 frame but lighter and less suspension.

And you are criticizing me over the 2ft I quoted,.. Sry then lets make it 50ft turning radius then, still doesn't make it a 1/2ton like the OP states.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you are criticizing me over the 2ft I quoted, "Did not think I was criticizing" oh ya 52 - 39 = 13.... "not 2 feet"

.. Sry then lets make it 50ft turning radius then, still doesn't make it a 1/2ton like the OP states.[/QUOTE]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WTF^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not criticizing, just don't understand???????????:eek:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you are criticizing me over the 2ft I quoted, "Did not think I was criticizing" oh ya 52 - 39 = 13.... "not 2 feet"

.. Sry then lets make it 50ft turning radius then, still doesn't make it a 1/2ton like the OP states.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WTF^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not criticizing, just don't understand???????????:eek:[/QUOTE]

BECAUSE OP asked about a 1500 QC which is a IFS HALFTON I was comparing a 1500 QC to a 2500 framed 1500 MC

I'm looking at selling my 3/4 ton GMC and downsizing to a 1/2 ton. I have a Freightliner FL60 to pull my toyhauler, so all I need a pickup for is to basically to act as a grocery getter. I am looking at some used Dodges. A couple of quad cabs, and a Mega cab.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 Quad cab and an 06 mega cab. The quad was good when the kids were small, the mega is excellent now that they are teenagers !:d

Top Bottom