1500 megacab vs 2500 mega cab..your opinion

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7500lbs is a lot for a gas motor,,Towing that with a HemiMega Cab would make it sweat,,if not chit itself

The hemi comes in a 1 ton dually, they have to be capable of towing around 15k lbs and living. I doubt they would do it well though. And like EVERY company now claims more then that for their half tons towing anyways I bet it can do it :rolleyes:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I wouldnt tow that much with anything but a diesel.Just for the piece of mind .I cant imagine a dually with a small block,,,454 or 502 is a little different..

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give gas trucks more credit than your giving them.

Idk about Dodge but, my 07 tundra pull's 7,900 lbs (35' holiday trailer) with barely a sweat. It's trans temps and engine temps are just as cool as without a load. When a hill comes it revs to 5,000 RPM but can hold it's speed, and depending on the grade will accelerate as well.I haven't had it slow down while climbing. Ever.

I've hauled a 4 place sled trailer with 4 sleds (all full tanks), 6 full 20L jerry can's, 4 full 10L jerry can's, 4 gear bags, and obviously 4 people, and can't say it struggled then either.

I am how ever, buying a diesel to make it easier on myself, my wallet (never said they were fuel efficient with that load), and the truck.

If the diesel fits your budget I will say get one, but if not, at least the 2500 gas will take the load a better than the 1500 gas.

Go to Europe and see what those crazy b@st@rds tow with a damn gas 1.3L Renault Clio!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Give gas trucks more credit than your giving them.

Idk about Dodge but, my 07 tundra pull's 7,900 lbs (35' holiday trailer) with barely a sweat. It's trans temps and engine temps are just as cool as without a load. When a hill comes it revs to 5,000 RPM but can hold it's speed, and depending on the grade will accelerate as well.I haven't had it slow down while climbing. Ever.

I've hauled a 4 place sled trailer with 4 sleds (all full tanks), 6 full 20L jerry can's, 4 full 10L jerry can's, 4 gear bags, and obviously 4 people, and can't say it struggled then either.

I am how ever, buying a diesel to make it easier on myself, my wallet (never said they were fuel efficient with that load), and the truck.

If the diesel fits your budget I will say get one, but if not, at least the 2500 gas will take the load a better than the 1500 gas.

Go to Europe and see what those crazy b@st@rds tow with a damn gas 1.3L Renault Clio!

Wooo, quite a load...

My 32' tandem dual flatbed weighs that empty...THEN we put the load on...

Here is the difference, most guys with gas engines do this a few times a year, where we do it daily. When you haul 16000-30000lbs daily, you dont even consider a gas engine in the same league as a diesel, and for sure dont compare half tons to 3/4 and 1 tons...

Top Bottom