Put my rail through track....

hougie

Reaction score
Any of you guys had this issue yet? I've got a 2013 and put the end of my rail through track, Ripped track and twisted up both rails. I
talked to dealer about end cap recall two weeks ago and he said to ride it anyway. I sure hope arctic cat is going to cover it since it was there terribly designed end caps that allowed it to happen.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hope they cover it! i have 13 pc and my dealer said the same thing. said the caps were back ordered. i'm curious, how loose was your track? where were you riding?

polarman

Reaction score
mine did the same thing at Blue Lake this weekend. It went through the track, bent the cross bar that holds the limiter straps busted the bolts, possibly bent the rails. Called Dons Speed Parts and my serial number is one affected by the recall. New parts on the way no questions asked. Thank You Jayden for the great service!

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because they dropped the front of the suspension on the 13 is why they stab the track. If your waiting for parts you can raise the front of the rear skid up to the 12 position.

SN0WR1DERHCR

Reaction score
Any of you guys had this issue yet? I've got a 2013 and put the end of my rail through track, Ripped track and twisted up both rails. I
talked to dealer about end cap recall two weeks ago and he said to ride it anyway. I sure hope arctic cat is going to cover it since it was there terribly designed end caps that allowed it to happen.
Yeah I had that happen on my 2013 HCR the other week, just got brand new track on the other day and it was a pain in the ass!! Mine also busted that bar holding the limiter straps. But luckily I was going slow when it happened so I didn't bend my rails! But good luck make sure and get the anti-stab kit!!

Reaction score
Just got my update dun today. going to buy antistab kit just for peice of mind to. Riches Saw Sales in Vanderhoof for anyone in the PG area! Awesome guys good to deal with!

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying said parts are back ordered. What exactly is the anti stab kit? Anyone got any pics. Am I supposed to tighten the limiter strap for now?

SN0WR1DERHCR

Reaction score
I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying said parts are back ordered. What exactly is the anti stab kit? Anyone got any pics. Am I supposed to tighten the limiter strap for now?
All it is, is a bar right behind your tips on your rails that have to rollers on it. You actually have to drill two holes, one in each rail to install the kit. The kit also includes larger rail tips. But just go to Black Diamond and thats where they have them, but all it does is it looks like those rollers just push the track down a little farther.

hougie

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for arctic cat to say yay or no for warranty, Thought it would be a faster process being in the age of cell phones and internet....

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard of this.... it can also happen on the 12's if you drop the rear skid to the 13' position at the rear. when I put the camo extreme on, I grabbed the stab kit and not issues to report of

IEATSRT

Reaction score
Was out with a friend the other day and he stabbed his track on 13 turbo hcr. Man not fun getting that heavy b$%Ch out, luckily we were in the flat lands down a cut line so it wasn't all that bad. Warranty covered it, so you should be getting yours covered. Updated rail end caps are backordered, but you could try Echo Cycle in Edmonton and order some on your own if your dealer doesnt have them and you want to get back on the snow, they still had some in stack two days ago when he ordered his. Definately put on an anti-stab kit as well. I think arctic cat should be paying for these anti stab kits!

Kermit

Reaction score
My neighbour stabbed his during Christmas, he went with a 3" CE plus the anti stab, no problems since. Not much fun to ride close behind him now though!

Catman13

Reaction score
Your dealer can get the anti stab kit. Only takes 10 min to put on. Once you've got that on you will never need to worry about stabbing the track. The new tips on the upgrade from dealer won't fit the rails now though since you drill out the bolt hole. I agre that the dealers should be paying for the anti stab kits.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so when you install the anti stab kit do you still use the rail caps?
i looked into the kit today at the dealer and had a discussion with them about it. the caps are supposed to be in on the 30th so i'm gonna wait for those.
it seems like when you bore those holes out to fit the bolts for the kit it might weaken the rail tips a bit.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Once you have the shaft from the anti stab kit in there it will be just fine. No need for tips when you have the kit.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read this thread.....went out and checked mine and it turns out the caps were getting hammered a bit. Bought a anti stab kit from APP and it works awesome. Easy to install too.

six buck

Reaction score
Watch the integrity of the bdx anti stab. I noticed big time wear on the tip protectors as well as bearing seal failure on those tiny little wheels. I had to go back to 2012 skid mounting holes to keep everything intact. Dealer has no parts support for this application.

Top Bottom