Pulling unit

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
went to our local xcountry ski site and checked out their pulling unit. This sled will PULL. Our club maybe interested in trying to get one. About $35,000.00 new. Easier to transport between our systems. 6ft drag easy pull.Club in Quebec has a fleet of 4 of these. Works good for them.

Attachments

• Alpina pics 503.jpg
    Alpina pics 503.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Alpina pics 506.jpg
    Alpina pics 506.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Alpina pics 507.jpg
    Alpina pics 507.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Quebec1_wide.jpg
    Quebec1_wide.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 286

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it would be a work out steering that unit. Looks like it would handle pulling a moose or two out of the bush pretty easy. Does it have power steering?

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steers pretty easy as long as your moving. They took the carbide skags off to make it easier. Just plastic skis no runner and turns on a dime. Our Scandic SWT takes 40 acres to turn around

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want hard steering......try a 86 Ski-Doo Alpine twin track with that single ski........I just sold mine and they are still worth more than when they were new! lol that is one serious pulling sled.......what engine does it have?(with the size of that hood it should have a V-8) tracks length?

Last edited:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glenny:

I wouldn't touch one of those Sherpa's. Tried to sell them to the ski hills for years to pull around snow guns when I was in the industry. Problem - can't go to Martin's for parts. And they used to break down - a lot.

If I were you guys - I would go with a tracked UTV. It is what I am going to do next winter. For a 6 to 10 foot drag they seem to work awesone. For under $20K you can get into a new Gator with a heated cab, Tatou 4s tracks and a 4 way hydraulic blade. The only issue is rear hydraulics if you need them for the drag - but there are kits for that if you have the hydraulic dump bed. Electrical is easy. And it will work all 4 seasons.

If you lock the differential with the tracks - there isn't anything one of those won't pull. For shits and giggles I put Martin's 825i demo unit up agains my neighbor's 2wd 75hp tractor and it was even on flat snow (my gator is the older 650). Outpulled my 50HP MFWD. Should have taken pics.

I don't know if you have been on this site but it is a wealth of info

" Grooming Talk"

Especially check out the Cross country talk. Those guys are pulling Ginsu drags, etc that are about the same weight as yours. Check out the guy with the user name "Arly". He is running a Rhino and has a bunch of write-ups on modifications he has done. Of the UTV's, if you are going to work it - I am way more partial to the JD Gator - as that is what they are built for. The 4 way blade is great and easy to take on/off. The Rhinos and Polaris products just haven't reached that level of sophistication for attachments, etc.

Last edited:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if you guys want to sell that thing and move up to a bigger unit keep me in mind. I love the idea of the rears wheels and a remote actuator. So I am going to move up to something next year with rear wheels.

Didn't think that 4 km of skiing trails for the wife was going to be as much work as it is!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's see that thing highmark!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glenny:

I wouldn't touch one of those Sherpa's. Tried to sell them to the ski hills for years to pull around snow guns when I was in the industry. Problem - can't go to Martin's for parts. And they used to break down - a lot.

If I were you guys - I would go with a tracked UTV. It is what I am going to do next winter. For a 6 to 10 foot drag they seem to work awesone. For under $20K you can get into a new Gator with a heated cab, Tatou 4s tracks and a 4 way hydraulic blade. The only issue is rear hydraulics if you need them for the drag - but there are kits for that if you have the hydraulic dump bed. Electrical is easy. And it will work all 4 seasons.

If you lock the differential with the tracks - there isn't anything one of those won't pull. For shits and giggles I put Martin's 825i demo unit up agains my neighbor's 2wd 75hp tractor and it was even on flat snow (my gator is the older 650). Outpulled my 50HP MFWD. Should have taken pics.

I don't know if you have been on this site but it is a wealth of info

" Grooming Talk"

Especially check out the Cross country talk. Those guys are pulling Ginsu drags, etc that are about the same weight as yours. Check out the guy with the user name "Arly". He is running a Rhino and has a bunch of write-ups on modifications he has done. Of the UTV's, if you are going to work it - I am way more partial to the JD Gator - as that is what they are built for. The 4 way blade is great and easy to take on/off. The Rhinos and Polaris products just haven't reached that level of sophistication for attachments, etc.

I`m Sledderglen on that site as well. Checked out the GATER at the sportsman show.
As a snowmobile club we are doomed if we don`t get "their" brand.
Polaris,A/C,Yamaha,Can Am all has UTVs that work on tracks so in order not to favor 1 over the other John Deere may be the way we could go.
Just need the $25,000.00 to buy unit with drag.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have about 75 UTV's at any given time have tried them all...

Gator
Kawasaki
Bobcat
Ingersoll Rand
Ardco
Nodwell
E-Z-go
Club Car
Cushman
Yamaha
Kubota

So far the ones that have stood up to the riggers of the construction worldthe best are the Kubota's.

Top Bottom