Provincial fire ban

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have a fire ban in place and a request to limit the use of OHVs.
Lets give it our best effort to follow the request.
Rain will come hard and heavy soon. Places in the province has received rain lately but was it enough?
This could be a chance to show that our recreation can be responsible and follow a request from the government.
Thanks

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the other day coming home from work I saw four individuals heading out into the bush. 2 on quads and 2 on dirt bikes. A little disappointed that they would even consider heading into the bush under these conditions.
The guys riding with commented along the same lines.

come on people lets be smart about this.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy on Glenmore tr. toss a cigarette out the window!! I was so pissed off. He was going in the other direction so I couldn't get a plate number. Can you report these douches ?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. I really wanted to ride this week but it's just not worth the risk.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I busted my hump and dumped a lot of unnecessary cash to be ready to ride this weekend. I was considering going anyway, even just along the Iron Horse or something, but it's kind of like spitting in the faces of all the people who lost their homes and all the firefighters that are risking their lives. ...almost like having a peace protest on Remembrance Day.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that do end up going out ride "smart".Axe, shovels, fire extinguishers, buckets are an absolute must. Along with where you're riding.
Just to be clear I'm not telling people to keep riding I'm just suggesting ideas.
Southern areas did get some good amount of rain, never enough though. Sunday it's supposed to rain as well.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The iron horse is SUPER dry right now too. Anything north of Edmonton is, really. Not much for moisture around these parts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

True, but it is pretty much gravel road. ...would still be one of the lowest risk alternatives if you stay on the trail.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indians use quads to get around out on the Res. Usually about 4 or more passengers on a 350 big bear, heading down the ditch.

Point is; its transportation for them, not so much recreation.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll pass on riding since there's more days to ride.

Now I can work on quad rigging and clean up truck for the next outing.

Touch up 21 foot holiday trailer to sell now that I rapped up my North American trip. Only got to use it once, but 1 year away from home was long enough.
Pal Lem.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indians use quads to get around out on the Res. Usually about 4 or more passengers on a 350 big bear, heading down the ditch.

Point is; its transportation for them, not so much recreation.

Haha this is so true, I've seen it.And if it's dark all four wear black, turn your lights off and dangle your legs in n front of moving tires...........haha seen it in Conklin!!!

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ground is crunchy dry, really scary...... Not a big fan of how riders,random campers,shooters got demonized on 630 ched yesterday by this forestry minister either, but I respect the cause, if only everyone was cautious all year round,l.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to wonder if i'll ever have a bear camp that we can have a fire in. Pray for rain!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
And for the people who decide to ride.... Clean your pipes off. Check your spark arrestors . Don't be stupid . This fire in ft Mac is terrible. Let's be responsible guys /gals

Top Bottom