prince george sledders take a hit on global bc this morning

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mabe I didn't go to the right places in p.g.
I have even road south towards Williams lake and 100 mile house.

Best place I found ( long drive tho ) was east of horsefly.

If the gravel road went through it would be close to Valemount.

from my HTC

No. No. You are right. PG is lame. We definitely didn't ride 120 kilometers of absolute untouched premium mountain range today with fresh snow with not one track behind us or in front of us. Nope. Never happened.

Stay out. PG is for pussies and loggers. ;)

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Albertans like open areas, they have virtually closed all our rugged mountains as you can see on the maps. But if you bring fuel, skimmer and a tent. The walker creek forest road is 1.5 hrs from pg. Kakwa is at the end of it. Or if you really want some special 12hrs past pg is the moose valley. No fuel no lodging no roads no sleds, just these guys lastfrontierheliskiing

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure, blame your own actions on Albertans. LOL Why such a hater X-it?

Weren't you an Albertan at one time? :rolleyes:

I think PG is on my sledding to do list. I'll bring my coal roller, throw beer cans everywhere, cigarette butts, oil cans, change my oil in the ditch.. and whatever I can think of. (JK)

Albertans like open areas, they have virtually closed all our rugged mountains as you can see on the maps. But if you bring fuel, skimmer and a tent. The walker creek forest road is 1.5 hrs from pg. Kakwa is at the end of it. Or if you really want some special 12hrs past pg is the moose valley. No fuel no lodging no roads no sleds, just these guys lastfrontierheliskiing

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure, blame your own actions on Albertans. LOL Why such a hater X-it?

Weren't you an Albertan at one time? :rolleyes:

I think PG is on my sledding to do list. I'll bring my coal roller, throw beer cans everywhere, cigarette butts, oil cans, change my oil in the ditch.. and whatever I can think of. (JK)

You are going to fit in nicely :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't go check out the photos in the Torpy/McGregor Riding Area Conditions Thread from our day riding yesterday that Snoqueen posted. They are lame. (no cariboo were harmed in the taking of said photos)

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, true to their word.....the MoE's were out in full force this weekend at the Torpy AND in Barkerville checking for non-compliance. They were in fact flying around in a chopper (in and out of the fog at the Torpy on Saturday) and had two guys on brand new Polaris sleds giving out their "business cards" at the staging areas. I talked to the ranger briefly and he mentioned that they weren't seeing any non-compliance on that particular day. Several times that day as we were sledding we seen the chopper hovering around, but they weren't in any closures that we were aware of.....hmmmmm....how could they actually know if sledders were complying or not?? :rolleyes:
In Barkerville on Sunday they upped the ante.....they sent 12 MoE's in choppers and on sleds, as well as RCMP checking sledders for registration on the hill and trailer insurance at the staging areas.
So, if you're riding the North Rockies or Cariboo Mountains, beware.....they are out there and sparing NO EXPENSE. They are no longer issuing warnings.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The part I don't get is most of BC is a provincial park. Can't the ski people, Hikers And other no motorized outdoors enthusiasts go there. Why camp next to quaders and complain. Why go to a snowmobile town and complain. Why by a house by railway tracks if the noise bothers you..... Live and let live

Top Bottom