Powderclaw track

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya got a bud I rode with in revy,,,,was very impressed with the track in the fresh pow...:d...think this track is the stuff cats needed along time ago..:d

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea man i have to 08 m8 153 sno pro
i rode with an 09 and it went farther
i think im gonna slap a powder claw on mine

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
We have an 09 m8 in the group and it climbs great but doesnt even come close for braking and sidehilling, if anyone wants a brand new 162 it is for sale. The owner wont ride another trip with it on because it toboggins so bad that he felt unsafe on his sled, we all rode it and agreed. We then took off the track and set it on the groung beside an attack 20 and they are very simular lug pattern with a few knobs on the edge of the paddles. We also did notice how much more flexible it is though but it is hard to beat the camoplast track, we have been riding for 13 years and experimented with many tracks, the camoplast always ends up on our sleds in the end. What is interesting is since we have discovered this about the track we started to call around a little, we are hearing the simular complaint, so time will tell. Also the owner of the track is in contact with Artic Cat to see if he can return the track for some sort of refund or credit and we are waiting for thier reply but we are not holding our breath! I am not slamming the track, just giving our opinion from riding it. We think that the new M8 rocks and cant wait to see how much better it will be with a great track on it, Revelstoke here we come!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have an 09 m8 in the group and it climbs great but doesnt even come close for braking and sidehilling, if anyone wants a brand new 162 it is for sale. The owner wont ride another trip with it on because it toboggins so bad that he felt unsafe on his sled, we all rode it and agreed. We then took off the track and set it on the groung beside an attack 20 and they are very simular lug pattern with a few knobs on the edge of the paddles. We also did notice how much more flexible it is though but it is hard to beat the camoplast track, we have been riding for 13 years and experimented with many tracks, the camoplast always ends up on our sleds in the end. What is interesting is since we have discovered this about the track we started to call around a little, we are hearing the simular complaint, so time will tell. Also the owner of the track is in contact with Artic Cat to see if he can return the track for some sort of refund or credit and we are waiting for thier reply but we are not holding our breath! I am not slamming the track, just giving our opinion from riding it. We think that the new M8 rocks and cant wait to see how much better it will be with a great track on it, Revelstoke here we come!!
i didnt seem to have any problems braking or sidehilling, but hey thats me. What do you mean by toboggining?:confused:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt seem to have any problems braking or sidehilling, but hey thats me. What do you mean by toboggining?:confused:

toboggining, I think he means down hill braking it locks up and takes off like a tobobagon,

I am new to cat but my 08 has a 153 powerclaw and I am unsure at this time but only 2 rides

MotoPsycho

Reaction score
I run a 162 on my Nytro. It is similar in performance to the A-20 in hillclimb position. I have noticed a bit of slide on the downhills, but not bad considering it's forward performance. Beats the hell outta the stock 153 Mav the Nytro came with!

I think I'll keep it....:d

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 162 on my Nytro. It is similar in performance to the A-20 in hillclimb position. I have noticed a bit of slide on the downhills, but not bad considering it's forward performance. Beats the hell outta the stock 153 Mav the Nytro came with!

I think I'll keep it....:d

I also have a powderclaw on my nitro turbo. It does rip the hill. A few of my buds are running it and all say it doesnt brake as well as any other track ive had but its not scary or out of control. Makes me wonder what spring time decents of chutes will be like though!! i am very happy with mine.

Top Bottom