Possible "Attack" Website

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Help everyone, my computer (brand new with 2011 anit-virus) just let me know that this is a reported attack site and strongly urges me to stay out of it!!! Theres too much goin on in here to leave like that!!!! Anyone else have this message come up on their screen???

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
just for today i will help Ron out.....

There is a redirect in the home page coding that tries to redirect you to a malware site. If your computer is set up the right way, it will not show you the redirect or try to go there. I can navigate in and out without seeing the warnings or without IE or FF shutting down on me. I have had the luxury of already going through this and I came out of it without any adverse effect to my laptop or ipad. And I did it all without security software.

There is no actual site issues.... Just have to get rid of the redirect and then get cleared by google. If you do manage to get connected to the redirect, then its a whole different story.

Good luck.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had that show up yesterday afternoon and when I tried in the evening it was fine.Not sure what happened but the computer is still working and my antivirus isn't showing any new attacks!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did not happen to me or Judy and have been on and off for the last couple of days.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I believe Ron has already addressed the issue. Had it on my Mac but is gone now. Never was any Malware on site as stated.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new antivirus software knows how rough typical online forums can be and is trying to protect you from potential attacks related to the brand of sled you ride.
This forum is not one of those. :D

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Refresh your browser, F5, There was an issue the other day, it wasn't in the home page coding,(index) but somewhere else, was found, removed and the site was updated to the newest version of 3.*.*. Web host has looked all over and nothing else can be found. Google has already done a site review and deemed it clean. Its in your cache.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya this happened to me alot.. but i just tunred off that part of the security on my comp.. happened all the time only with this site

wilsonck

Reaction score
I just got hit last night with the Win 7 internet security 2011 virus when I came to see what was going on here.

Not impressed. 4 hours later I think I am clean. Not sure why I came back so soon. Hopefully the ADMINS will check things out. Happened at 11:35pm last night, don't know if your logs show anything.:nono:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I DO NOT have an antivirse......had it for the first year and had to send it in a few times to get it fixed........the last 4 years I have surfed every bad site there is and I have had no antivirse.......and my laptop has not missed a beat........as fast as it was 5 years ago when I bought it........it is time for a new one because the keyboard has fallin apart...lol..... but now I run a wireless keyboard and run the laptop through my 40 inch flat screen...........if my laptop has a virse.......it sure has not slowed down or caused any issues........just my 2 cent.......I know guys are going to say im crazy not to run an antivirse, but if my laptop crashes tomorrow......it has served its life over the last 5 years.......

Top Bottom