Polished tunnels

XanderKane

Reaction score
I've recently came across swabbies polish recommended by power mods and after seeing it at the Edmonton show in action I decided to give it a try after seeing poor results with mother's metal polish. The tunnel looks like glass after 4 coats of swabbies polish. Any one else have great results polishing? What product did you use and what method was used to apply it? I finished it off with Lucas wax spray to seal the tunnel. These are poor quality/lighting pictures taken with my phone.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 310

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I polished my '98 summit-x, my 2000ZX, REV and XP. They hold up nice, The first time round is the worst, then every year after it takes about an hour to get back the shine.

I sold one of my sleds to a friend, he never polished it after that.. Man it drove me nuts to see it tarnish away,.,LOL

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get it from? What kind of buffing wheel?

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want a mirror finish there is no miracle product. Just elbow grease and black hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADMAN

Reaction score
These are the times when I wish I had a 121" rather than a 174" tunnel LOL

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did 4 coats with a soft buffing wheel purchased from the swabbies website. and I did the last coat by hand and sealed it after with Lucas wax. It was a 3 rum job.

Check this stuff out you are going to need it now... now you can see clearly at 90mph... lol

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey that is exactly what I'm doing this morning! lol Frick I was trying to remember the name of the guy at the sled show. I'm like OCD when it comes to clean and polished stuff. Sledbrite that was the guy with the little booth? Using Mothers right now but was totally impressed with the dude at the show!!
tunnel polish.jpg

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That came out nice, when can I drop mine off? Haha.

I use mothers and as long as you break a sweat and do it at the beginning of each season it's always worked well for me.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm doing my tech talk on tunnel polishing! If you guys have pics you wouldn't mind sharing can you send them over to me at trish@kpimedia.com. A pic of the product you used would be wicked too. the pictures have to be about 1mb in resolution.

iturch

Reaction score
I still like the look of a polished tunnel and if it gets scratched and scuffed you can always redo it. Once the powder coating or stickers are scuffed it just looks bas

XanderKane

Reaction score
Hey that is exactly what I'm doing this morning! lol Frick I was trying to remember the name of the guy at the sled show. I'm like OCD when it comes to clean and polished stuff. Sledbrite that was the guy with the little booth? Using Mothers right now but was totally impressed with the dude at the show!!
View attachment 178061

You're more than welcome to copy my posted pictures. I use this product to polish image.jpg

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I polished my 12 pro tunnel with mothers, but used a really fine sand paper first. It takes all the high spots out before polishing. Worked really good, looked even better. Problem I had was over heating on the hills. Tunnel was so smooth I had zero snow build up on it. Some say that would be a good thing. Problem was, it had poor cooling because the snow never had a chance to melt and cool the coolant. I didn't Polish the underside, so it still cooled somewhat, but not as good as it used to. I won't be polishing my new sleds tunnel.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to use baking flour in combination with the polishing product. Sucks the black out of the scratches, and adds a bit of fine grit, works really well.

Top Bottom