polaris

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until starting to ride in the mountains, thought very highly of Polaris and never had any major issues that were not warranty. In the mountains, however, the RMK is an animal thet requires a certain level of patients and understanding to deal with. As all have already said, all that matters is that you are comfortable on the sled you ride, eventually they all need to be towed back to the parking lot. :)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no offense to anyone but , i HATE polaris! my neighbor had a 98 polaris indy 500 i think , it has been in the shop at least 100 times last season and everytime it went in it came back the excact same way! and my friend has a 80's polaris indy 400 and he spends more time working on it then riding it one day i was riding my phazer and i saw him on the lake with the hood open i pulled up and asked him "what do u need?" and he said "a new sled!" anyway i love yamaha and wont ever buy polaris.

BAHHAHAAHAHA - you're judging Polaris on the basis of this history??? Hang on - let me go get an early 80's Yamaha and then I can say that I really hate Yamaha because my sled always breaks down. LMFAO!!!

Could also be that the 80's sled is almost 30 YEARS OLD!!! and not the fact that it's a piece of junk. Any idea how many miles you put on a sled in 30 yrs? I'd say the poor old sled is just worn out, I really wouldn't expect a 30 yr old sled to run top notch all the time.

If the 98 went into the shop 100 times the same way, your neighbour should find a new mechanic, not blame the sled manufacturer, the mechanic is not fixing the issue and should be slapped for not fixing it right the first time.

OMG I'm still LMFAO. Some of you guys are hilarious!!!

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a thread which I would like to comment on. I have laughed at Polaris and those that own them for 13 years. Polaris has not made many improvements since the old XLT days. LOL

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledhead , why did you have to bring that up, my back is just starting to heal. Two feet at a time off of turtle lake , for all of you guys that have been to turtle lake know how steep that hill is and how long it is, you know who your friends are. Ha Ha It only took us about one hour bull ch!t it took all day

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
This is a thread which I would like to comment on. I have laughed at Polaris and those that own them for 13 years. Polaris has not made many improvements since the old XLT days. LOL

...Why do U say that ?:confused:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup thats for sure.....no improvements since an XLT....There's an educated statement. I don't get why some people can't have an open mind to other brands. I love my rev but after riding the dragon i would buy one over the XP. My brother has an M7 that is also a blast to ride which would make me think long and hard towards an M8. If you can't see the improvements since the XLT then you better open your eyes. Just my .02

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BAHHAHAAHAHA - you're judging Polaris on the basis of this history??? Hang on - let me go get an early 80's Yamaha and then I can say that I really hate Yamaha because my sled always breaks down. LMFAO!!!

Could also be that the 80's sled is almost 30 YEARS OLD!!! and not the fact that it's a piece of junk. Any idea how many miles you put on a sled in 30 yrs? I'd say the poor old sled is just worn out, I really wouldn't expect a 30 yr old sled to run top notch all the time.

If the 98 went into the shop 100 times the same way, your neighbour should find a new mechanic, not blame the sled manufacturer, the mechanic is not fixing the issue and should be slapped for not fixing it right the first time.

OMG I'm still LMFAO. Some of you guys are hilarious!!!

LOL. my bro has a 85 yamaha excell 3 340 THAT THING GOES LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL!! i had a 87 yamaha phazer that i bought with 4,800kms i doubled it without one issue!! so dont tell me that yamaha are no good i have had experience with polaris and yamaha , YAMAHA ARE THE BEST EVER!!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL. my bro has a 85 yamaha excell 3 340 THAT THING GOES LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL!! i had a 87 yamaha phazer that i bought with 4,800kms i doubled it without one issue!! so dont tell me that yamaha are no good i have had experience with polaris and yamaha , YAMAHA ARE THE BEST EVER!!

Dude you stuck in 70's and 80's or what????????P.S go bash some other thread....If you can't say nothing nice........keep your mouth shut....

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Hey Slamneck and Bigdawg, Got to agree with you. Her is another person with a closed mind.:rolleyes: XLT yea great for it time had two.:) But OverBore must have been on the bong bong to many times. :) Just another basher:nono: If he thinks POO hasn't built nothing since.:confused: All 4 sled builders have had there problems in different cases. But most people that bash, just wish they could have one.:p my 2 cents.:d

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree about the narrow point of view re; XLT and Polaris
I rode a '96 121" 600triple for three years, went to an '03 144" 600 RMK and now a '10 155" 800 RMK. They might feel the same in the showroom but thats where it ends.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always been a polaris fan but i started with a watercraft before i bought the sleds. I'm of the opinion that all the brands are good it's just what's your preference. Besides they have ALL had their problems over the years not just Polaris and i'm still riding an old style 98 chassis and it will hang with any of the new stuff no problem! Higgins.

Attachments

• Marks Pics 188.jpg
    Marks Pics 188.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Marks Pics 189.jpg
    Marks Pics 189.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always been a polaris fan but i started with a watercraft before i bought the sleds. I'm of the opinion that all the brands are good it's just what's your preference. Besides they have ALL had their problems over the years not just Polaris and i'm still riding an old style 98 chassis and it will hang with any of the new stuff no problem! Higgins.

Have to agree with you, love my 97 RMK, like yours it will keep up no problem, even show up the new iron now and then. Had a love hate relationship with the 00 RMK 800, loved it when it ran, hated it because the thing kept blowing motors up with broken cranks.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higgins, can you post some pics of that sled. I know i met you once in revy two seasons ago and that sled is a real piece of work. I've always loved a modded wedge chassis.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can't see the improvements since the XLT then you better open your eyes. Just my .02

Who cares if they didn't make improvements? LOL - the XLT was one of the best selling sleds of all time was it not? Pretty sure 1996 Polaris set a sales record with the XLT.

Some people just have to hate on anything that isn't what they have sitting in the garage.

Me.....I just like to ride.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If everyone owned the same thing then there wouldn't be the awesome 'friends-sled-bashing' on the hill...then what?, everybody gets along?...no way man gotta have differences to pick on. That being said, most of the brands are all good and every one of them has good and bad times!. If we didn't get so attached to the sled we ride we would be able to get rid of the ones that were lemons! Oh well, c'est-la-vie!:cool:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares??? lets just drop it before everyone hates us!!lol u can ride ur polaris i'll ride my yamaha , go with whatever ur happy with! i was just warning this guy about my bad experiences with polaris.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe I may be the only one that still likes Polaris sleds - in the world! Most on this site love to bash Polaris, not speaking for everyone, however this is what I get the sense of... there are good years and bad years for Polaris... it is a preference of riding style and comfort, whatever you are most comfortable with is the machine that you will root for.:rant::d

I have been a Doo rider since I started riding. My brother on the other hand was always a Polaris man. He bought a 2008 Dragon and I will admit, it is an awsome machine. Plus the warranty he got with it is amazing. He has definately been hard on it and it seems to have kept up. For my next machine, If I don't go nytro, I will definately buy a Polaris.

Top Bottom