Polaris Warranty...Dealers...

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm venting a bit..I don't care if anyone reads it.

First off, I know I'm not the only poor azz sucker who had an issue with my 800 Dragon, but here's why I'm pizzed, or shall I say, dissapointed.

Bought the sled new (an '09) from a dealer I thought was ok...(other thread about this peice of work on here already) Asked about getting the extened warranty but was told I have until the factory warranty runs out to get the extended(1yr), OK, no problem. Sled never gave any issues and had the recall done on it and asked about getting the extended warranty again, was told I have a full year warranty again and from the time the recall was done, and could get the extended within the next year... So went purchase the extended warranty just before the yr was up from the recall, was told nope, to late for that sled...fack. Sure enough the sled totally grenades next trip out (1800mi, totally bone stock, only ever rideen in powder in the mtns), needs a complete new motor, back to the dealer to see what we can figure out...says nothing he can do, but he'd give me 1500 bucks for it, he can eat a pile of dog turds at this point for all I care. Then on a side note, I seen the dealer yard lot was totally redone, no more gravel, nice asphalt, must be making (taking) to much money. I'll never go back in that store again and have told anyone I meet about his snakiness, to which I am always told of other similar shyster moves..so I know I'm not alone..
Called another dealer, they at least went to bat for me, asked Polaris for some kind of help (goodwill/some sort of trade-up progam towards new Pro etc, anything), but after 7 weeks of jumping throught the hoops for Polaris, the dealer was told nothing will be done (good on the Dealer, Thanks Parkland Sled&ATV, but it's out of there hands).. so in total this proces has taken since May..and the snow is almost here.. good thing I picked up an Arctic Cat this summer, because Polaris has lost another customer for life.. I have only ever had Polaris, and I never will again just based on this experince.. I've never made an insurance claim, warranty claim, and take care and pride in all the things I've worked hard to aquire . Sad how these things work.. Like I said, I know I'm not the first and only nor will I be the last to have a situation like this, but, to buy a new $12,000 machine and then to get offered $1,500 to buy it back from the place it was bought from is a just a big kick in the junk, but I guess that's how you asphalt your dealership yard..that is, if you're a giant douchebag, IMHO!
:D
OK, rant over, need snow, time to get on this Cat..
:beer:

Last edited:

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I really do hate to see this but it's happening way to often. You can't seem to take anyones word anymore. If it's not in writing your fugged :( Atleast Parkland tried to do something but unfortunately with no success. Be curious on who the other one is....

Top Bottom