Polaris Turbo

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately since the 850T sled has been released, we have not had the conditions that will make that sled shine.

Put a stock 850 in 4 feet of fresh, with that turbo. No comparison is what Im thinking.

This 850T will only get better, exciting times in the Mtn sled segment.
Will polaris release a turbo??? I actually hope they do.

These are my 2 cents tho.

I really think you would like that Doo 850 turbo or non turbo, Randy. Huge improvements over your 2017.
https://youtu.be/3zeQif1DdIk

My Alpha holds 43 mph / 69 km/h in 3’-4’ of powder at 7000’ just like the turbo doo. I love the new doo turbo but I hope they turn it up a smidge for next year.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the stock 850 in the new doo chassis is going to be slick in 2021

the 2021 850T G4 will continue to be the first real mountain snowmobile!

Polaris guys are still changing spark plugs FFS lol

Another thread polluted with Doo greatness and wonder.....lol.
Doolaid may be the biggest downside of snowchecking into that group.
But you never know????

Last edited:

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Polaris and that is a big IF does release a turbo this year, I hope they don't release it prematurely.
like they have done a few times before.
Also with Doo releasing 1000 early units we can tell if it's working good or not before 2021 snowcheck .
With Polaris or cat for that matter it would be just a crap shoot .

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Polaris and Arctic cat should work building something that come keep up with an Expert first. I know all you guys are going to have a field day mouthing about how your sister's cousins best friend has an Alpha that beats up on an Expert, and your second cousin rides an 850 Polaris and he can smoke an expert on the lake bla bla bla. If you put the same guy on each of those sleds with a 165, right out of the box in 3ft of powder it's going to be the Expert every time. Remember, out of the box. Don't waste your time yapping about beating an expert after your clutching, pipe, head, ETC.

Have a great weekend!

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Polaris and Arctic cat should work building something that come keep up with an Expert first. I know all you guys are going to have a field day mouthing about how your sister's cousins best friend has an Alpha that beats up on an Expert, and your second cousin rides an 850 Polaris and he can smoke an expert on the lake bla bla bla. If you put the same guy on each of those sleds with a 165, right out of the box in 3ft of powder it's going to be the Expert every time. Remember, out of the box. Don't waste your time yapping about beating an expert after your clutching, pipe, head, ETC.

Have a great weekend!
I admire your enthusiasm for the Expert! I own one and love it, but have to say that in 2020 Polaris finally got their 850's working without taking out plugs and laying down black streaks in the snow all the time. I ride with a buddy on a 2020 Polaris 174 and it works extremely well! Pulls hard and smooth from bottom to top. They are all such good sleds these days it comes down to personal preference and dealer support in my opinion. A Polaris Turbo would be great as competition is always good for the consumer at the end of the day... otherwise we'd all be rocking bogie wheels and about 11 hp like on the '67 Snowcruiser I started out on. Ha, ha!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot deny the 2020 850's Polaris do rock. I just think don't think a 163 850 Polaris will beat a 165 Expert.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot deny the 2020 850's Polaris do rock. I just think don't think a 163 850 Polaris will beat a 165 Expert.

Haha
From aggressive to backpedaling in one post.
Nothing like confidence.
They will be close, neither will anihilate the other.

Man I am scared to take a chance on doolaid again, side affects do not appear to be desirable.
Polaris motors have been running pretty much flawlessly on after market MTNTK turbos and doo turbos seem to be having some growing pains.
Hmmmmm decissions.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/12H9ljVc7_0

watch around the 35 minute mark....is this a hint at Polaris turbo? I always thought they would be the first to drop a stock turbo and maybe doo caught wind while they where both developing and beat them to the punch.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Naturally I could see a Polaris turbo coming. The two manufacturers have been quick to
answer one another on boost in the side by side game, maybe the same here?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have a great weekend!

Nailed it!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it would also be pretty sweet to not have to resort to riding a doo just so you could have a “factory turbo” although I am in love with my mtntk kit...

4BC40567-83F9-4B2D-B58B-5B629300617C.jpeg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha
From aggressive to backpedaling in one post.
Nothing like confidence.
They will be close, neither will anihilate the other.

Man I am scared to take a chance on doolaid again, side affects do not appear to be desirable.
Polaris motors have been running pretty much flawlessly on after market MTNTK turbos and doo turbos seem to be having some growing pains.
Hmmmmm decissions.
I don't think you should switch chuk. Your heart isn't in it. I think if you looked at this in a WWE wrestling context you make a far better heel than good guy. Lol

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should switch chuk. Your heart isn't in it. I think if you looked at this in a WWE wrestling context you make a far better heel than good guy. Lol

I agree for the same reasons. I think chuky makes a great ambassador for cat. He's done a great job so far considering... If he needs to satisfy that itch to look at a different sled in his shop next year I think he would do great with the poo also. Haha!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Beat it how? In a drag race? Straight up climbs? Is this 2004?

Each sled is particularly good for how it was designed. Some people prefer one over the other and for good reason.

Some guys like their rides plush and a little thick, other guys like theirs lean and firm.

Top Bottom