Polaris RZR issues?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh boy back & forth here, mines better no yours is better. lol

Any ways there seems to be allot of them getting ripped off lately.

Reaction score
First off.....I have always been a big fan of Polaris. I have owned plenty of Polaris sleds and have driven other brands that have certain "better" characteristics. No machine is going to be "perfect"......regardless of the brand.

I have an '09 RZR-S with 168 miles and I haven't seen it in a week. Why? Because it's in the dealer with the rear differential and the 2 rear cv shafts sitting on their workbench.

Long story short.......there's a common problem with the early '09 RZR-S and the rear cv shafts letting go from the differential. Even though I am 10 days outside of the warranty, I am getting it completely looked after.....free of charge. Thankfully to the great dealer I took it to and also thankfully because of a little research on this site: Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

So yes there are issues and you will find if you search Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net you will get more info.

Would I buy another RZR or another Polaris product? ABSOLUTELY!!! As a matter of fact, I already have...........a new 2009 RZR 170 for my son for Christmas.

Like I mentioned earlier......every brand has some problems but as long as you have a dealer with good service, there's nothing to worry about.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OKAY WHO STIRRED THE POT? Every machine is different, and all machines have good things and bad things about them. It all come down to what YOU WANT TO DO with them!!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OKAY WHO STIRRED THE POT? Every machine is different, and all machines have good things and bad things about them. It all come down to what YOU WANT TO DO with them!!!

This has nothing to do with pot stirring or which machine is better.
The question was asked about issues with RZR`s . Unless you own one or ride with someone you know VERY well how can you give a valid answer.

Simply stating heresay or your uninformed opinion does not help the reader with accurate info. Please try to comment on first hand experiance in order to help out or the quetion and info serve no purpose imo .Taking a shot at a machine you don`t like is fine, however not in that context.

In terms of good and bad machines i could not agree more and would add the owners know the good and bad better than anyone. After all it is them who drive them,maintain them and pay the bills on them ......

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every brand has some problems but as long as you have a dealer with good service, there's nothing to worry about.

Bang, coffin, nailed, buried.

But the hardest part is finding a dealer that can meet or surpass ones expectations. Many people do not want to spend money on a machine just to find out that the service side sucks,...

You got whats called a "goodwill" repair, because either you have spent a lot of money there, OR they know of the problem and are fixing new machines that experience this problem. Also called non-documented out of issue date warranty repair. We do it all the time at my shop.

Been there, done that, even got a hat.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
The intake is the very first issue you should deal with. Then a shield for the fuel tank as it is inches from the tire begging to be punctured. Ump or DFR (Dragonfire Racing) seem to be the most popular for intakes, I am going with a DFR myself. Simply because the snorkel is oval shaped like stock, so I can pop the stock canister back in if I need to go to the dealer. There are companies that make fuel tank protectors, but if you can cut cardboard and bash sheetmetal or aluminum you can make your own. Like said before in this thread, you'll spend thousands making a normal RZR into what the S already is. For the record, yes I do own one.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I never read the last three pages, but here is my 2 cents.
i ride a rhino, keep that in mind.
I have a couple of buddies that i ride with that have razrs, they seam to do good, the razer S kicked my ass all day at Brule this summer. LOL
I know that the S had to go back as the frint shock (springs) Failled, and i know that the other one went back for a water pump when it only had like 500km on it.
BUT Polaris stands behind there products almost 100%, my brother in law has been bagging polaris for years and has never had problems getting warrenty.
I think it comes down to what you want and need the machine for.

Top Dog

Reaction score
Under powered and veeeeery tippy so I put a suspension kit and a turbo in mine totolly awesome and its for sale pm me or phone kamloops 250-828-0235

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you get the 2 in lift is there a web site

Check out the Racer Tech, it won't change the max cv angle and helps with the suspension sag.

Only issue was the tilt steering cylinder, rode the crap out of it all summer, a couple of rhino owners told me they want to trade up to the RZR...

luvsmud

Reaction score
Racer tech also makes a nice lift that has had good feedback . I ordered one from my Polaris Dealer in Grande Prairie . They retail for 550 but you should be able to get it for 450 give or take and they look great .

gasgod

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Polaris RZR anyone know of any issues with these machines?

had mine for 3 summers, over 1000 miles and no issues, regular maint only.
and love it, would buy another in a heart beat :)

hogwild

Reaction score
ya go buy a rzr they are a blast to ride,when you leave the dealer with your new rzr go striat to crapy tire and buy tools ,your gona need them!!. i do have a rzr with 400 kms on it,twice the plastic spraque carrie broke, both front tie rods wore out,front springs saged so bad it hammered the rubber bumpers out,seat belts quit working. this was all coverd under warranty, but my front diff is once agian broken and now i have no warranty,now the fun starts out of my own pocket

ATVcowboy

Reaction score
Now that it is a few years down the line Polaris has really down a ton to work on these machines. I own a Razor and love it. The one thing I have still heard issues with has been the Air Filtration system. Some riders are still getting dirt in the motor which has caused damage. I found a company that sells a Prefilter system that is great, we purchased it and installed it. I love the way it looks and my Razor is getting increased air flow with cleaner air. if you want to see the site it is

ATVcowboy

Reaction score
So I have had a few questions about this Pre Filter I mention. It is really amazing. I have ridden a bunch since may and when I open the airbox and look inside it is super clean especially compared to before without the Pre Filter System.

Top Bottom