Polaris name brand fluids

rsrogersnt

Reaction score
Is it really important to use the Polaris (over priced) name brand fluid? I have 3 Polaris and have been spending a fortune on maintaining them with Polaris brand and am wondering if I am just throwing money away. If so - what are the alternatives?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have lots of Polaris in my rental fleet and you will not find one oil jug in my shop with "Polaris" stamped on it. I was told by a reputable polaris dealer to use a full synthetic ATF oil in the front hubs or RZR front diff and what ever synthetic 4-stroke oil I want for the engines (I use 0-40w). And a Synthetic 75w in the rear diffs. NEVER had a problem yet. OH!! but you have to use the "POLARIS" anti-freeze cause they have some special space age ingredient that they bought from the military at the Area 51 base in Roswell. :rolling:

J/K

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once they went off warrenty i put in good synthetic oils i do use the polaris oil for the front diff you can get the oil filter at canadian tire 5 bucks

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of Polaris in my rental fleet and you will not find one oil jug in my shop with "Polaris" stamped on it. I was told by a reputable polaris dealer to use a full synthetic ATF oil in the front hubs or RZR front diff and what ever synthetic 4-stroke oil I want for the engines (I use 0-40w). And a Synthetic 75w in the rear diffs. NEVER had a problem yet.

I would add the following to Sumx54 suggestions:
  • ATF needs to be Dextron II compatible or better.
  • I wouldn't stray off the 0-40w synthetic
  • Synthetic 50w for the transmissions.
  • Use a high moly content grease for u-joints; general purpose grease everywhere else.

Clinebo

Reaction score
What brand of oil are you using? I have not had any luck finding a 0-40W oil anywhere. I bought several filters at NAPA during their spring filter sale. I still have enough tranny and hub lube to last a while. Anyone running Amsoil?

Clinebo

Reaction score
I just split a case of Amsoil 0-40 with my neighbor. He is a preferred customer so got us a deal on the price.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris doesn't make oil. They buy it from someone and put a sticker on it. Any oil that meets the same requirements is sufficient oil and can't void the warranty, as long as the recommended changes were performed.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it really important to use the Polaris (over priced) name brand fluid? I have 3 Polaris and have been spending a fortune on maintaining them with Polaris brand and am wondering if I am just throwing money away. If so - what are the alternatives?

I use mobil 0w40 in engine (polaris oilis same weight and synthetic too)
75w140 synthetic in my rear diff
And use polaris oil in trans and front diff as no one knows 1000000% what those two fluids are. And wix oil filter from auto parts store with not one issue yet

denseleit

Reaction score
I've been using polaris oil for the most part, it's not that much more money if at all over a proper synthetic oil. The polaris oil is a 2W50 synthetic which I really like. I pay at the local dealer about $11 bucks a litre, for mobil 1 10w40 or 20w50 at walmart its $13 buck a litre. The filters are definately expensive, I'm hoping someone can post the part numbers for the non polaris filters. I've also been using the mobil 1 full synthetic ATF in the front diff of my 850 for almost a year now and no problems at all. Amsoil 75w140 in rear diff. and 15w40 amsoil in tranny.

Top Bottom